Notices

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
MartinK,

I can't get any maps to show up in the latest version of Modrana (I get a black screen with the icons overlaid).

I've tried both the default maps, and OSM Scout Server.

Any ideas what it could be? I'm running SFOS 2.0.5.6 on Fairphone 2.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
MartinK,

I can't get any maps to show up in the latest version of Modrana (I get a black screen with the icons overlaid).

Same for me: https://github.com/M4rtinK/modrana/issues/186 .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
MartinK,

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Same for me: https://github.com/M4rtinK/modrana/issues/186 .
I've made an instrumented modRana branch that prints additional information about map drawing - it would be very helpful if you could run it & post the output (output.txt). It can be done like this:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/M4rtinK/modrana
cd modrana
git checkout master-no_tiles_debug
cd run
./sailfish.sh >output.txt 2>&1
Thanks a lot in advance!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
@MartinK, the output was uploaded to github.

@Feathers McGraw: to get ./sailfish working, I had to follow https://together.jolla.com/question/...n-without-sdk/ , @MartinK's answer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK

@Feathers McGraw: to get ./sailfish working, I had to follow https://together.jolla.com/question/...n-without-sdk/ , @MartinK's answer.
Thanks, I just did it all straight from the device!

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:

Also have a black screen.

Edit: one observation, when rotating from portrait to landscape or vice versa, the map becomes visible for a fraction of a second, sort of flickers and then goes back to black. BTW, device is opx

Last edited by lfc22; 2017-02-03 at 19:45.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lfc22 For This Useful Post:
Something has gone a bit skewiff for me since the 2.1.0.9 update (or possibly the 0.54.3 modRana update) on the Jolla 1 - basically map layer changes (including the base layer) don't seem to stick unless I close then reopen modRana.

Is everyone seeing this? I'll try to get some repro steps and logs together and file a proper bug report later otherwise.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Perhaps a silly question, but does modRana work in Jolla C?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fin2cv For This Useful Post:

Thanks, I just did it all straight from the device!
Thanks a lot for the logs! I've only now got to properly look at them due to recently fighting a nasty flu-like illness and general lack of time.

Surprisingly I haven't found any direct evidence what might be wrong - the logs are pretty similar to the output I get on my Jolla, but there are more tiles on the screen (1080p vs 720p) and the actions generally seems to take less time (faster CPU - race condition potential ?).

It also seems that the tiles model is working correctly - there is the correct number of tiles in the model and the web Mercator coordinates of the map corners also generally look sane. There are even some tile debugging calls in one of the log files that confirm the corresponding tile images do exist and are being loaded - they are just not shown for some reason!

I've also checked and the issue is not just due to the 1080p resolution - I've created a 3000x3000 pixel local VNC server screen and run modRana in 1080p (both portrait and landscape) on it and the issue did not manifest. Also as mentioned earlier, it does not happen on the Jolla Tablet, which has even higher resolution.

So I'll continue studying the logs and will probably add a few more commits to that debugging branch, mostly adding more logging and maybe also trying some stuff, like:
- setting allowed window orientations, there are some error messages about that (I don't have those warnings on Jolla C)
- logging tile screen coordinates (to check the tile coordinates are correctly translated to screen coordinates)
- disabling asynchronous tile model updates (to remove the possibility they are causing this)

I will certainly let you know when I'm that far & will again need your help with running that branch again on your affected devices. Thanks in advance!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
Something has gone a bit skewiff for me since the 2.1.0.9 update (or possibly the 0.54.3 modRana update) on the Jolla 1 - basically map layer changes (including the base layer) don't seem to stick unless I close then reopen modRana.

Is everyone seeing this? I'll try to get some repro steps and logs together and file a proper bug report later otherwise.
I've been seeing that sporadically but have not been able to find a clear reproducer yet. Does it happen every time or do you need to a series of actions for it to happen ?

It would certainly help to get a log from when it happens (layer change not taking effect) - just attach it here or feel free to open a bug on GitHub. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by fin2cv View Post
Perhaps a silly question, but does modRana work in Jolla C?
It should work just fine!

In fact Jolla C is currently even my primary (not only) development device. It should also work fine on the original Jolla and the Jolla Tablet and other devices running Sailfish OS.

If you are afraid of the black-screen issues reported up-thread in new modRana version - these seems to so far only affect Sailfish OS ports running on a device with a 1080p screen (1080x1920 in portrait) and according to Ringius non-1080p ported devices (such as the Nexus 4) work fine.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps