Posts: 33 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2007 @ San Jose, California, USA
Let's just get Skype voice working reliably first, then we can worry about video I am more concerned that it will not be reliable at first. I plan to take this overseas with me on a long trip starting late summer as my only computer.

If this release has SDHC support, a reliable version of Skype, better Web 2.0, and more stability/bug-fixes, then I will be a happy man. I just bought an N800 in anticipation of this. I have been waiting to buy SkypeIn and SkypeOut until I knew that the N800 would deliver. I have also waited to buy memory cards to see the word on official SDHC support.

I am really hoping that Skype helps the Maemo platform. I want the N900 to be a big success, too, and for the platform to thrive.

Travis

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Minnesota
No video?

Those cheapskypes.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Good! Good! Skype on the N800. Finally!
Now how is it integrated? Is it considered a seperate application like Gizmo? Or is it integrated in the same way Google Talk is? With the online status on the status bar, auto-launched, integrated with Contacts, etc?

Texrat? Your call.

Ton.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Toontje View Post
Now how is it integrated? Is it considered a seperate application like Gizmo? Or is it integrated in the same way Google Talk is? With the online status on the status bar, auto-launched, integrated with Contacts, etc?

Texrat? Your call.

Ton.
You'll find out soon enough.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You'll find out soon enough.
But he could be hit by a number 3 bus.............tell him now.......promise we wont look

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by proterra View Post
But he could be hit by a number 3 bus.............tell him now.......promise we wont look
ROTFL!! Me too, won't look

If you saw the screenshots it appears to be definitely a third party app - no integration in the system.

There is for sure a way to start it with the system (I have done it once in the past to start a calendar app which name I don't remember at this moment...), but you must use XTerm ad modify some files here and there, if you're used to use Linux, no problems at all

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
If you saw the screenshots it appears to be definitely a third party app - no integration in the system.

There is for sure a way to start it with the system (I have done it once in the past to start a calendar app which name I don't remember at this moment...), but you must use XTerm ad modify some files here and there, if you're used to use Linux, no problems at all
And if you're not used to Linux? I should have bought a Pocket PC, right?

BTW, look at the image:

What is the icon between the Skype and the Web icon in the running apps area? Looks like a phone....

Ton.

Last edited by Toontje; 2007-06-28 at 08:24.

And if you're not used to Linux? I should have bought a Pocket PC, right?
Give me 5 minutes, I was already searching it to post. No difficult at all, believe me.

...well... at least...

http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail//ma...ry/002831.html
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=1514