Active Topics

I know this has been discussed before in a long time ago, but what stopped neo900 from using the likes of kickstarter or indiegogo? I just want clarification. Because kickstarter or indiegogo would allow worldwide donations, and more publicity at that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
I know this has been discussed before in a long time ago, but what stopped neo900 from using the likes of kickstarter or indiegogo? I just want clarification. Because kickstarter or indiegogo would allow worldwide donations, and more publicity at that.
Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and their ilk is in the game for a business reason. They take their cut from the cake and also place restrictions on the form and content of the support.

I prefer an own-spun crowdfunding/preorder system, even if it is a bit hazzle to set up and maintain.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Chaps,

On behalf of those of us who would be keen to buy a neo900 but didn't & don't have funds to put towards a sometime maybe poduct, could I ask you to start a new announce thread when there is a concrete new structure and plan in place? I'd like to know if/when things are back on track, but really don't need to know the ins and outs of refunds etc.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Seems like the idea about transfering refunds directly to the Neo900 UG account might not work (not allowed) for the 50% of CC donations we received. We can check details only on Monday. Stay tuned, we're working on it!

[edit]
I wonder if it maybe would be feasible for those donors using CreditCard to change their order on Golden Delicious customer website. From "Neo900 donation" to "THANK-YOU certificate with your personal member ID in neo900-lovers club, hand-signed by Joerg" (or whatever, we even could ship T-shirts and the VIPclub-ID ). Then maybe GDC could buy those cerificates (and T-shirts) at UG and ship them to the customers.
[/edit]

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-05-17 at 23:21.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Let's hope the new donation method is worldwide and will be available within the next 2 weeks when I'm available. I really really need this to happen (the neo900 )

I'm up to some moderation, moving the complete "refunds" subthread to a new real thread soon

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
I've heard about the credit card refund before joerg. In UK, AFAIK, any refund on cc needs to go back to the originating account. we couldn't offer cash alternative, can't remember if credit note for store was an option. its a anti-fraud thing. imagine the problems if your ex girlfriend went and returned all your expensive gadgets and diverted cash/refund to her account.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
On behalf of those of us who would be keen to buy a neo900 but didn't & don't have funds to put towards a sometime maybe poduct, could I ask you to start a new announce thread when there is a concrete new structure and plan in place? I'd like to know if/when things are back on track, but really don't need to know the ins and outs of refunds etc.
OK. We will also publish a news story on neo900.org, its newsletter, RSS channel etc., just like progress updates, to ensure that nobody misses it

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
If i understand right goldelico wanted that joerg's work to be passed to them to have the power to make all the "shots" , and that's why all the mess with the neo900?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
You are right, Not sure what thread that would be. Why I ask? Two reason. 1. I think its should be obvious to everyone who is/has moderator rights. 2. My personal opinion is that no one should have to much power ( council and moderator). Same goes in real life. Dont like when one man is jury, judge and excisioner.
dave , take a break from trolling on neo's thread
sorry for off-topic
CSSU-T latest version

Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
If i understand right goldelico wanted that joerg's work to be passed to them to have the power to make all the "shots" , and that's why all the mess with the neo900?
Alecsandru,
there's no use in doing such speculations. We had a continuous discussion process about organization of Neo900 project during last almost 3 months, we realized that we messed up a few 'minor' details in the very beginning - thanks to rushing the setup of the organizational structure resp the concept - and there been a lot of ideas how to fix that which got tossed around and finally got rejected because something wasn't right / didn't work with them, or tax advisors told us "that can't get done" (even for ideas the same tax advisors suggested a 4 weeks earlier)

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-05-18 at 15:42.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: