Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
Thanks ceene for new version. I've registered / validated my number without problems. I have the same disconnected problems as sicelo:

INCOMING:
<iq>
from=g.us
id=get_groups_3
type=error
<error>
code=501
text=feature-not-implemented

INCOMING:
<stream:error>
<ack>

There was an IO error: Connection closed by server.
Connection closed.
Stopping timers.
Freeing up the connection.
Freeing up the socket.
Yappari will retry the connection in 10 seconds.
Invalid length 0x3

The Following User Says Thank You to Fatalist For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
mine worked again after about 6 hours, and 30 minutes later disconnects again (first time was 30 minutes too, conincidentally).

i'm waiting the next 30 minutes.

one thing i never reported in the past, which seems to be related to this:

am i the only person whose Yappari segfaults immediately you finish Synchronizing? It syncs the names just fine, but immediately after that it dies.

This has been happening for a few of the previous versions too. I didn't take it seriously at the time because the sync does seem to run ok.

That's strange, I'm using version 2.0.14 and get no disconnections anymore; I managed to register a new sim, too (previously used on S40 device).

Anyway I cannot create groups, nor manage groups I previously created..

To clarify the problem, log referring to following actions is attached:

1) I create a group adding a single contact
2) my yappary reports that group is created successfully (other contact does not get notification)
3) I try to leave group, window closes itself, anyway group is still there in chats list
Attached Files
File Type: txt yappari.txt (4.8 KB, 66 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dubai, U.A.E.
Thanks alot Ceene. this will solve the issue for many users. however mine is working perfectly without any errors since .13 update.. good to see this s40 version though.. :-)

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Now my Yappari has worked for more than 30 minutes (almost 2 hours actually).

But I have not 'spoken' to anyone except those I have communicated with since getting updated Yappari.

This leads me to conclude that the disconnections I was getting were 'soft-bans' for communicating with numbers I haven't synchronized ...

I'll put in a bug report on Github for synchronization issues. Just strange that I might be the only one whose Yappari crashes towards the end of Sync.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
That's strange, I'm using version 2.0.14 and get no disconnections anymore; I managed to register a new sim, too (previously used on S40 device).

Anyway I cannot create groups, nor manage groups I previously created..

To clarify the problem, log referring to following actions is attached:

1) I create a group adding a single contact
2) my yappary reports that group is created successfully (other contact does not get notification)
3) I try to leave group, window closes itself, anyway group is still there in chats list
It's more than likely that new protocol version is getting pushed out to some people, so this kind of fixes will take time until we are able to upgrade Yapparis WA protocol version.

Sorry

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
...? Terms of service suspends number phone and you will not open session during months.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
@ceene:
Suggestion: how about add code to Yappari to detect when we're starting to fail challenge requests .. and then give some sort of notification to the user to use Yappari at their own risk.

This will help stop people from retrying Yappari with old protocols, which leads to a ban. I'm on my 3rd phone number now, which I don't mind too much
I'm all for it!

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
The protocol has not changed, so it's basically WA1.4 with a couple fixes (the group thing that got solved for 2.0.14).
Sorry, that answer was wrong.

Yappari currently uses WA15 protocol since version 2.0.10 and commit e446ef651ee7781ee70b4256b373d0e8a4a426be, when coderus changes were merged.

So we're quite safe on this side.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Nice knowing that ceene.

Currently all 3 of my numbers are blocked. Hope to enjoy Yappari again whenever they lift the suspension. CBF to email them.

Tags
whatsapp, yappari