Active Topics

Notices

Hello everyone.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Funny, you're distributing the kernel which is GPL-licensed on a repo without a source for it, and you're asking others to keep it in your own repo?

This post is a request for the source, otherwise this will be reported.
You are absolutely right.

Originally Posted by quingu;
This thing makes my skin crawl. Closed source, secret kernel tampering, violating GPL left and right, all for potentially illegal purpose.

Should I mail you my credit card number directly, would that speed things up?
No closed source, and no secrets into automatikwlan. Please, keep reading. Please...

First, I'm Spanish, so please excuse my limited English proficiency. I will use a language translator, so at least I hope everyone can read me, and most importantly, understand.
I did automatikwlan. I started doing it as an application that would not leave my N900, as something personal use only. I had the idea to publish the source code in a Spanish forum for people to see, to help me improve it, for people to improve freely, to furnish critical. It's just a simple exercise of scripting, nothing more.
Automatikwlan is a simple script, without any license. It is completely free. You can copy, modify, do whatever you want with it. It uses open source tools like wlandecrypter (GPL) and wepattack (GPL). Do not use any special kernel. No need for special drivers or closed. Do not use packet injection. It has absolutely nothing to do with neopwn, because the idea of automatikwlan is an exercise in scripting at the thought that people could learn and I learn from people with their improvements and contributions in a Spanish forum.
Automatikwlan simply displays a list of individual networks, select one, put the card into monitor mode, airodump launches, and when packages are sufficient, and wepattack wlandecrypter launches. That's it. It is a simple script available to everyone. Nothing more. Simply recommend using the kernel-power-users (repository.maemo.org) because it includes a patch that allows the interface wlan0 monitor other networks apart from channel 6. But even that is needed, if your network is on channel 6.
I have nothing to do with neopwn, nor maemo.org.
I do not want to automatikwlan on maemo.org for a few reasons:
1 .- I do not feel so good programmer to make a project in maemo.org. I have to learn a lot yet.
2 .- automatikwlan is only valid for some Spanish networks WLAN_XX. I think there are not in other countries. Its publication in maemo.org could be confusing for users of many other countries (as is already happening, in fact) and I do not want that. Also, remember that was born as an application of mine, for my use. Maemo.org is too big for me.
3 .- A knife can be used to cut an apple, or kill someone. Automatikwlan intended to serve to "cut apples", not for people to use illegally. That's not its purpose.

I am confused and sad because people think I'm the creator of a closed source tool illegal. I'm using GNU / Linux for some years, and a lover of open source. Seriously. There is no commercial purpose in that stupid and simple script. There is nothing to hide. Nothing.

Anyway, I have to insist. The code is absolutely free. If you really think it might be interesting, please tell me what I can do to publish it. For people of maemo.org take a look at the code and do what you want with it. To advise me. I want to learn. But I do not know how.
Help me. What should I do?
Please apologize this terrible confusion. Please. And I hope that has cleared all your doubts. If not, let me know.
Kind regards.

Drexxx.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drexxx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Drexxx View Post
Hello everyone.

You are absolutely right.

No closed source, and no secrets into automatikwlan. Please, keep reading. Please...

First, I'm Spanish, so please excuse my limited English proficiency. I will use a language translator, so at least I hope everyone can read me, and most importantly, understand.
I did automatikwlan. I started doing it as an application that would not leave my N900, as something personal use only. I had the idea to publish the source code in a Spanish forum for people to see, to help me improve it, for people to improve freely, to furnish critical. It's just a simple exercise of scripting, nothing more.
Automatikwlan is a simple script, without any license. It is completely free. You can copy, modify, do whatever you want with it. It uses open source tools like wlandecrypter (GPL) and wepattack (GPL). Do not use any special kernel. No need for special drivers or closed. Do not use packet injection. It has absolutely nothing to do with neopwn, because the idea of automatikwlan is an exercise in scripting at the thought that people could learn and I learn from people with their improvements and contributions in a Spanish forum.
Automatikwlan simply displays a list of individual networks, select one, put the card into monitor mode, airodump launches, and when packages are sufficient, and wepattack wlandecrypter launches. That's it. It is a simple script available to everyone. Nothing more. Simply recommend using the kernel-power-users (repository.maemo.org) because it includes a patch that allows the interface wlan0 monitor other networks apart from channel 6. But even that is needed, if your network is on channel 6.
I have nothing to do with neopwn, nor maemo.org.
I do not want to automatikwlan on maemo.org for a few reasons:
1 .- I do not feel so good programmer to make a project in maemo.org. I have to learn a lot yet.
2 .- automatikwlan is only valid for some Spanish networks WLAN_XX. I think there are not in other countries. Its publication in maemo.org could be confusing for users of many other countries (as is already happening, in fact) and I do not want that. Also, remember that was born as an application of mine, for my use. Maemo.org is too big for me.
3 .- A knife can be used to cut an apple, or kill someone. Automatikwlan intended to serve to "cut apples", not for people to use illegally. That's not its purpose.

I am confused and sad because people think I'm the creator of a closed source tool illegal. I'm using GNU / Linux for some years, and a lover of open source. Seriously. There is no commercial purpose in that stupid and simple script. There is nothing to hide. Nothing.

Anyway, I have to insist. The code is absolutely free. If you really think it might be interesting, please tell me what I can do to publish it. For people of maemo.org take a look at the code and do what you want with it. To advise me. I want to learn. But I do not know how.
Help me. What should I do?
Please apologize this terrible confusion. Please. And I hope that has cleared all your doubts. If not, let me know.
Kind regards.

Drexxx.
I have installed this application successfully but any time i click on the desktop icon to luanch it opens xterminal and ask for a password which i dont have. please what is the password?

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain ( Granada )
Originally Posted by dekin View Post
I have installed this application successfully but any time i click on the desktop icon to luanch it opens xterminal and ask for a password which i dont have. please what is the password?

Install :

apt-get install easy-chroot

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
OK. I'll try to be very gentle, but you people are starting to really annoy me.

You are redistributing packages that violate the GPL. I'm not specifically talking about the Automatikwlan package, which I really don't care much about, but the other things which are being served by your repository.

You are lying when you say you have nothing to do with injection drivers which can be very easily proven just by looking at the descriptions on your repository:

http://repository.phonesfera.com/apt...mantle/Release

Which points to:

http://repository.phonesfera.com/apt...armel/Packages

Which points to:

http://repository.phonesfera.com/apt....0.5_armel.deb

And guess what, that package contains GPL licenced code:

Code:
~/MyDocs/.documents/gpl/usr/lib/neomods $ strings *.ko | grep license\=GPL | wc -l
(Thanks to MohammadAG for double checking this for me)

You said yourself it had nothing to do with the neopwn code, which is an obvious lie, considering you even kept the name in your directory structure ("neomods").

As this code is licenced under GPL, you are not allowed to distribute it unless you also provide an option to download the source code in a usable format (in this case, the original C code).

I would also like to point out that distributing the Angry Birds packages is amounts to piracy. Full disclosure: I'm not related in any way to the Angry Birds developers. However, this being a public forum, I wouldn't be surprised if they were notified soon.

I would highly recommend that you stop insulting us by thinking your 403 page would've protected your repository. I would also recommend that you immediately remove the infringing packages.

I don't live far from Spain, and am prepared to uphold the GPL in court if required.

In other words: Either provide the source code for any and all GPL packages that you are hosting, or stop distributing them.

Last edited by CrashandDie; 2010-10-05 at 12:37.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post:
Should i uninstall this?
its not working anyway but is it unsafe too?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by hassan_badredin View Post
Should i uninstall this?
its not working anyway but is it unsafe too?
Who knows, if it's not working, why take the risk?
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
Its not working for my n900, i have this error: "No se encontraron redes atacables" help.

Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
I don't live far from Spain, and am prepared to uphold the GPL in court if required.
While defending the GPL is commendable, you should recall a few things:

Only owners of the copyright of the specific code distributed may sue to uphold the GPL.

The fact that the module license field says GPL does not mean it is under the GPL.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Originally Posted by Airtux View Post
Its not working for my n900, i have this error: "No se encontraron redes atacables" help.
YEP exactly that!!!!
Now can we really check only channel 6?
and if so how can we switch to other channels??

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
While defending the GPL is commendable, you should recall a few things:

Only owners of the copyright of the specific code distributed may sue to uphold the GPL.

The fact that the module license field says GPL does not mean it is under the GPL.
The driver and kernel on which the binaries they are providing are based are licensed under the GPL. And even though I am not the copyright holder, I am free to ask for sources, and hence uphold the GPL.