Notices

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ France
Hello,

Just to inform you that I've just uploaded a package of aircrack-ng and macchanger for Maemo 5 (fremantle).

** AIRCRACK-NG **

Aircrack-ng is a set of tools for auditing wireless networks.
Contains :
airmon-ng: wifi interface mode switcher
airodump-ng: wifi discovery and monitoring tool
aireplay-ng: inject packets over wifi
aircrack-ng: test wifi security (...)
and more...

Official website: http://www.aircrack-ng.org
Garage project : http://aircrack-ng.garage.maemo.org

** MACCHANGER **

A GNU/Linux utility for viewing and manipulating the MAC address of network interfaces.

Official website: http://www.alobbs.com/macchanger/
Garage project : http://macchanger.garage.maemo.org

Bye,
Greg

Last edited by backseatgreg; 2009-12-16 at 09:26. Reason: Add projects links and deleted junk

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to backseatgreg For This Useful Post:
Hello,

Aircrack-ng failed to compile in auto builder. I'll check that tonight.

Macchanger compiled successfully, just waiting for approval to be available in extras repository.

I created 2 garage projects to put the sources on. One named Aircrack-ng, the other macchanger (surprisingly ...). I'll upload the stuff tonight.

++,
Greg

Ok both macchanger and aircrack-ng are in extras-devel now.

I just figured that aircrack-ng installs without installing wireless-tools. I'll correct that on a next upload, in the meantime just apt-get install wireless-tools.

Greg

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to backseatgreg For This Useful Post:
Both packages are back in auto builder for cleaner package.

Should be available in 1 hour after successfull build.

I invite you to check the garage projects macchanger and aircrack-ng for future updates (right now svn is empty because of login issues).

Thanks for your interest in these packages,
Greg

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Turin, Italy
will it be available a GUI for cracking wifi in an easy way?
And what about a GUI for macchanger?

The Following User Says Thank You to HoX For This Useful Post:
Yup,

That's what I plan to do, I'm just starting on n900, maemo, etc... and since now the base packages are done I can work on GUI for them.

But it'll more likely be a single tool which use macchanger and aircrack-ng and not separate tools since it's more conveniant to centralize stuff (to avoid wifi interface usage conflict etc...).

Any wish or idea are welcome !

++
Greg

EDIT: I'll inform about the UI project name when it'll be validated by maemo garage team.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to backseatgreg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Can you guys give a synopsis in layman's terms on what these apps will do? I see alot of threads with app names and no idea what in hell they are. You have to be more informative if you want more people to test and try these apps.

Aircrack = captures wireless packets. Used for testing security (and on the blackhat side of things can be used for breaking into WEP encrypted networks).

MAC changer = All netowrking hardware has a "unique" identifer called a MAC. SImilar to IMEI #s. A Mac changer lets you change your MAC.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Aircrack = captures wireless packets. Used for testing security (and on the blackhat side of things can be used for breaking into WEP encrypted networks).
That's what I'd guessed. Any guides on how to crack my own WEP protected network? My main desire for an N8xx was to crack into WiFi networks. I'd love to learn on my system.

MAC changer = All netowrking hardware has a "unique" identifer called a MAC. SImilar to IMEI #s. A Mac changer lets you change your MAC.
Why would I want to do that? I'm new to wireless security stuff... Feel free to school me. I'm all ears.

I've never done it myself so I won't be able to help you. I just know a little about the tools since I read about it a few years back. The applications were also on the n8XX but they required an external wireless receiver.

I can't think of many legit reasons why you would want to change your MAC. Though you could get around a block for example if someone was blocking your MAC. Or you could get into certain wireless networks that are MAC filtered. Routers do MAC cloning sometimes. For example, when I was at UMD to use my wireless router on their wired network systems (residental dorms, not main university network) I had to register my computer after plugging it in, and then clone the MAC so I could use the wireless router (they later started providing wireless access everywhere so UMD is one of the few campuses that have WiFi everywhere now. ).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post: