Hi,
I would like to use the android app DS photo to sync my photos from my jolla phone to my Synology Diskstation. I tested the app but the photo backup feature seems not checking the jolla camera folder. It only uploaded photos from the DCIM/Camera folder in android_storage. I can upload manually all photos stored on salifish os - but that is not my intention. I would like to use the photo backup feature.

I thought I could create a symbolic link between the android_storage/DCIM/Camera folder to the home/nemo/Pictures/Camera folder - but this did not work. I tried this with Terminal and with Cargo Dock but a symlink like this could not get created.

Now I thought, maybe I could fix this when I give full write permissions to the android_storage/DCIM/Camera folder. Currently it is 775. So I tried to give 777 to it, hoping that this would give the sailfish-system the rights to create a symbolic link in the android folder. But this chmod 777 I was not able to execute. Every try with Total Commander, ES File Explorer, SUFBS, Terminal Emulator or sailfish apps (File Browser, Terminal) did not work. I tried it as root (in android with Superuser-App) on both in native apps as in alien-dalvik environment.

Now I have no clue what to try next. Maybe this symlink would not even help the DS photo app to see my Jolla Camera folder and all the effort is wasting time but I read some posts on different sailfish forums from last year that there were some users able to chmod 777 folders in android_storage and I wonder why even this is not working on my side (maybe this is restricted now by some Jolla system update?).

I hope you have a hint what I should try.

Thanks
Thomas