Posts: 92 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany, Bavaria
Hi,

usually my N900 is connected via bluetooth to a carkit (BMW built-in hands-free carkit). Phone calls worked fine for many months with it.

Since a few days I've got a problem:
My dialog partner is able to hear me, but i can't hear him (seems that no sound is transmitted). I tested this with different car-kits. It's definetely the N900 which causes the failure.

Any ideas what I can do to solve this problem? Is there a possibility to re-install the bluetooth-drivers on the N900?

thanks in adavance!

Last edited by RouterRebooter; 2012-04-17 at 17:41. Reason: modified title

Any ideas?

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by RouterRebooter View Post
Any ideas?
If it's urgent, just reflash. The bt drivers may be some package
use
Code:
dpkg -l | grep <word>
word should be bluetooth, bt, and so one

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
I had a problem similar to this recently, it turned out I had the volume turned down on the N900 when in headset mode, the N900 stores different setting for different outputs, so check the volume when on a call through the car-kit.

Otherwise, the bluetooth drivers are in the kernel, it is unlikely that they would just stop working properly for no reason. Are you running the standard Maemo kernel or have you upgraded to kernel-power (if so which version)? I doubt it will help, but you can try reinstalling the kernel-modules and maybe the kernel too. It may be a problem with Pulseaudio, I'm not sure what you can do in that case, have you tried deleting all your Bluetooth devices and repairing them?

Failing that you may want to try flashing your N900 to get it back to stock condition.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
I had a problem similar to this recently, it turned out I had the volume turned down on the N900 when in headset mode, the N900 stores different setting for different outputs, so check the volume when on a call through the car-kit.
Shame on me
This was the reason - thank you very much for the clue!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RouterRebooter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by RouterRebooter View Post
Shame on me
This was the reason - thank you very much for the clue!
No problem. In my case I noticed it after I had installed a new kernel, so I tried switching back to the stock kernel and then back to the kernel I started with before I realised what the real problem was, it was a bit of a facepalm moment.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post: