Posts: 105 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Dec 2015 @ Spain
Unfortunately still:

Code:
[root@Sailfish nemo]# zypper in droid-systemd-tbj
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'droid-systemd-tbj' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
No provider of 'droid-systemd-tbj' found.
Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.
[root@Sailfish nemo]#

The Following User Says Thank You to ferlanero For This Useful Post:
I installed bluez5 to the tablet as it had bluez4. No change.
Then I noticed the package droid-config-tbj-bluez5 isn't installed even though droid-config-tbj-bluez4 was earlier.

I tried to install it but unfortunately the package conflicts with bluez-configs provided by droid-config-tbj-onda-v820w-v3-1-2.i486 and cannot be installed.

If I try removing bluez-configs first I get a warning that I will end up with a broken system which is something I don't want to try now since BT isn't essential for me.

(Basically just shots in the dark, but thought I'd share anyway)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ferlanero View Post
That's the problem. You will need to run twice "ssu re 3.0.3.9" and "version --dup" then "pkcon refresh" and you'll be fine to install all the package you need in 3.0.3.9 Hossa
If your outcome is anything like mine, you will need to install the sensors once again: zypper in droid-compat-v820w-droid-system

Originally Posted by tmi View Post
I installed bluez5 to the tablet as it had bluez4. No change.
I don't think that's a good idea. Some other devices are also still running Bluez4 for good reasons.

Presumably, only TheKit will be able to help us with this one.

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
I don't think that's a good idea. Some other devices are also still running Bluez4 for good reasons.
Sure, but luckily it was easy enough to change back to bluez4.

Regarding BT I saw this while going back the thread. So BT was probably working in 2.0.5.6 and broke after that.

So BT was probably working in 2.0.5.6 and broke after that.
TheKit actually mentioned it was still working for him. I still suspect the missing package droid-systemd-tbj to be a relevant factor in this.

Something completely different: Does your Onda actually support GPS? Mine claims to support it, but when I use GPSInfo it never even "sees" any satellites. Contrary to this the Nexus5 saw dozens within seconds. So, either the Onda "lies" about its GPS capabilities or it's simply broken in my device.

Does your Onda actually support GPS?
To my knowledge the Onda doesn't support GPS. Here's one review that claims the same. Maybe there's still some use for location services if you switch High-accuracy positioning to use also online services?

BTW: When booting the tablet do you have the black screen and circle? I remember getting rid of it on some 2.0.5.6 reinstall but now it seems to be back for me on SFOS 3.

As such, not a big issue... and I don't think removing ofono is the right choice, either

The Following User Says Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
When booting the tablet do you have the black screen and circle? I remember getting rid of it on some 2.0.5.6 reinstall but now it seems to be back for me on SFOS 3.
Last time (#150) I faced this problem, this is what I did:

I re-ran the upgrade instructions again. It seems like I might have skipped the "rm /lib/modules/3.10.20/*.ko" part the first time around. So sorry about that...
This time I did not encounter this situation, even though I installed from scratch using the automatic installer and just kept upgrading according to TheKit's instructions after that. Alas, my Onda is still pining for the missing package droid-systemd-tbj.

What a can of worms...

While trying to get rid of the blank screen I decided to reinstall the tablet from the scratch. Previously, I had skipped removing old modified packages as the instructions mention "...removing old -onda-v820w-v3 packages is not needed...". Now I did remove them.

All went well and the blank screen was gone after the 2.2.0.29 upgrade, also after the upgrade to 3.0.0.8. Then I wanted to speed up and upgraded straight to 3.0.3.9. While rebooting the tablet it didn't go past the ANDROID text... bummer.

Second try from the scratch, same result.

Third try from the scratch and but this time upgrading 3.0.0.8. -> 3.0.2.8. Same result yet again, sheesh!

At this point, I decided not to mind the blank screen and started yet another reinstall without removing the old packages hoping to finally upgrade to 3.0.3.9. This time the tablet booted all the way through after the upgrade to 3.0.2.8 but for some reason it claimed to be already on 3.0.3.9! On top of this, I had some trouble installing the missing keyboard layouts etc. but succeeded finally. I re-ran the 3.0.3.9 upgrade once more and guess what, the tablet didn't boot anymore!

Fifth time's the charm, so I started from the scratch once more. Now I installed the missing layouts + sideloading after the 2.2.0.29 upgrade before upgrading to 3.0.0.8 and everything went smoothly. Then I upgraded 3.0.0.8 -> 3.0.3.9 and finally I have an up to date working tablet again and yes, with the blank screen & circle on boot!

Well, at least I'm quite familiar with the process now and can at least get the WLAN to connect pretty quickly (the trick was to keep it off initially and only turn it on when adding a new account... that way it connects 80-90% of the time on first try)

I'm not hoping to reinstall the Onda anytime soon!

Phew, what a can of worms indeed!!! It really makes you wonder why the outcomes are so extremely different each time one installs or upgrades. Presumably it boils down to some repos failing (in different ways). Either access is blocked ("adaptation0: Store credentials not received.") or the list of available files is incomplete ("...requires droid-compat-v820w-droid-system, but this requirement cannot be provided" -> yet, zypper in droid-compat-v820w-droid-system worked like a charm a few minutes later and all the sensors returned). And there is still that issue of the missing package droid-systemd-tbj (I keep mentioning this hoping someone might actually have an idea where to find it). So, it all boils down to infrastructure problems, doesn't it?

About your try #5: Actually, I didn't do any of this - like no missing layouts or sideloading. Only after having reached 3.0.3.9 I took care of these things. Does this mean you actually got the missing package installed and Bluetooth is working?

At the same time, I cannot help but wonder how time consuming and tedious all the porting must be for TheKit. I am so grateful he's doing that for us! :-)

And there is still that issue of the missing package droid-systemd-tbj (I keep mentioning this hoping someone might actually have an idea where to find it). So, it all boils down to infrastructure problems, doesn't it.
Now that you wrote it in large red, I see the the extra "d" at the end. That's my typo, sorry for this, can be safely ignored until fixed one is on OBS.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post: