Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
So, the N900 is starting to ship today!

I have three applications waiting for some votes in the QA queue.
IMHO they are prepared for Extras, but the last versions available in Extras-testing haven't received the necessary testing yet, so I humbly ask it to the N900 owners that have Extras-testing enabled.

They are:
  • MaStory: just 2 votes (8 left), (a similar Maemo WordPy version had 7 votes!).

I know they can be improved and they will be, but it would be nice if normal users can to have access sooner to these applications.
I am not asking just for a vote up but testing and the right vote that you consider.

The Following User Says Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
So, the N900 is starting to ship today!

I have three applications waiting for some votes in the QA queue.
IMHO they are prepared for Extras, but the last versions available in Extras-testing haven't received the necessary testing yet, so I humbly ask it to the N900 owners that have Extras-testing enabled.

They are:
  • MaStory: just 2 votes (8 left), (a similar Maemo WordPy version had 7 votes!).

I know they can be improved and they will be, but it would be nice if normal users can to have access sooner to these applications.
I am not asking just for a vote up but testing and the right vote that you consider.
No probs. Once I have some hardware will have a look and try to get you over the last bit.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by fargus View Post
no probs. Once i have some hardware will have a look and try to get you over the last bit.
+1........

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nomad
Tested and voted.... Thanks for the apps

The Following User Says Thank You to realitygaps For This Useful Post:
One basic note on pyrecipe: It would make a lot more sense to me to change the treeview mode to select-on-tap, which is the way an application like this should generally work on Fremantle.

Editing a recipe can be done already by viewing the recipe and using the application menu, and delete uses the edit mode anyway, so there is no reason to have the treeview in selection mode. This also allows to remove two items from the main window (view and edit) and make it easier to understand on first sight.

To go a step further, I would put "new recipe" as the action button at the top of the treeview (as in email, conversations, etc) and move the delete and search options to the application menu, thus getting rid of the toolbar all-together, also be more in line with comparable Fremantle applications.

"Log" should probably disappear from the application menu, for the end-user version?

It's not entirely clear to me how Backup essentially differs from Export. Would it be possible perhaps to integrate it with the backup application? This seems like a wasteful item to have in the main menu.

I would also recommend to reconsider the window titles:

Pyrecipe (12 recipes) -> "Recipy list" or "Recipy Manager" or even just "Recipies"

Do you really need to know the number of recipes? Perhaps this information could be placed elsewhere if that is the case, it seems a bit like unnecessary clutter. If you insist on branding the window titles, I would recommend

"Pyrecipe Recipy Manager" or "Recipy list - Pyrecipe"

"Viewing recipe" -> "Candied Bacon" (or whatever the recipy name is)

"Pyrecipe - Shopping List" -> "Shopping list" or "Shopping list - Pyrecipe"

"Pyrecipe - Timer" -> "Cooking Timer" or "Timer - Pyrecipe"

Might add more later. Of course I'm not saying that such things should stop the app from being voted through, I just can't stop myself from mentioning them. I can definitely see this become one of my more often used apps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post: