Active Topics

Notices

somebody - thanks for a great application

2 issues you might help me with:

1. when i close some player with a "kill" command, it does not save its last state (the last played song and its position) - it only works if i press the "X" button. i want to be able to close it automatically with a bash script when the audio cable gets disconnected, but I can't make it to return to the last state when launching it again. is there a way to override this behavior?

2. is it possible to do fast forward/backward on a currently playing track with a keyboard shortcut/dbus event? even a jump of XX seconds will be great since i wish to control it with my DS3 when i'm driving.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Albuquerque US&A
I am missing the "add to current paylist" button (the checkmark) after flashing my phone. I can only enqueue to the current playlist. If I tap the areas that the checkmark was located previously, nothing happens. I am having a difficult time trying to clear my current playlist.

I've tried deleting /home/user/.someplayer and purged/reinstalled. Has anyone else had this issue?

One major difference since I flashed the rootfs is that I have not enabled the devel repos this time.

any ideas?

Last edited by jib; 2012-05-29 at 14:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to jib For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Albuquerque US&A
I think I just solved it. I realized extras-testing didn't get enabled when I set it up. I ebabled extras-testing, upgraded Someplayer, and I now have the ability to add to current playlist again.

It looks like this is a bug with the "stable" version of Someplayer.

I'm surprised so many apps have been promoted to extras. I can't think of anything I was missing this time around.

The Following User Says Thank You to jib For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by jib View Post
I'm surprised so many apps have been promoted to extras. I can't think of anything I was missing this time around.
It's really a big problem we are trying to fix. In the meantime, please help with your votes to the testing team.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
I have problem with SomePlayer. I cant add songs for .sounds folder. I refresh this folder and program is crashing on 15%.

The Following User Says Thank You to agr0 For This Useful Post:
just installed and wondering about a few points:
- why is the help "online"? it really makes no sense to me to force users to open an online connection just to see a little file that should be included
- help mentions a "context menu" and there entries like "clear playlist" -- i don't see that context menu
- is there an "album" mode? it makes not much sense to me to have tracks ordered by artist, but not by albums. i have several albums that consist of tracks from different artist -- instead of being displayed as one album, each track appears as a single entry (in fact each artist and one level below the track)

The Following User Says Thank You to arne.anka For This Useful Post:
the app. some player error can't download from repository said
"missing files..." help??

The Following User Says Thank You to viento23 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Joseon
my someplayer works fine.i loaded a folder... but how can i delete easily the current playlist (or library?!! )and load just another folder?

Last edited by SMAr2wo; 2012-07-10 at 16:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to SMAr2wo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Joseon
*** Switching quickly between folders - Solved!

If you have tracks only from "Reggae" folder or you have all the phone memory tracks in your library and want to change tracks and listen, let's say, ONLY "Trance" folder: press "Folder +" icon (last icon from the bottom right corner) select the new desired folder (in this case "Trance") and select the simple"check" icon, NOT "square +" !....the library will be refreshed only with the track from Trance folder. In this case "Manage Library is uneusefull".

Note: library is the "Winamp Playlist" in Someplayer.

The Following User Says Thank You to SMAr2wo For This Useful Post:
After latest update of cssu and thumb, hardware keys cannot be used anymore to switch tracks - anyone knows how to solve this? Does this require a fix in someplayer itself?

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:

Tags
music player, nokia n900, someplayer