Active Topics

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
What do you mean using the Enter button for long posts?

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
What do you mean using the Enter button for long posts?
Enter key = Return key

As you obviously know, the enter key is used to end a paragraph and start a new one. A well formatted post or reply will increase the chance of the poster getting helped.

At least that's what I think.

Shaq

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seoul, South Korea
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
don't confuse Symbian development with Maemo. Symbian had a five year fead start, so its features are farther ahead.
And yet still behind. Go Maemo!

Originally Posted by born2wonder View Post
This thread inspires an addition to the "READ THIS before posting a new thread " at
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=27900

It should mention using the Enter button when posting long posts; that is if the poster wants anyone to bother reading them.

PS: cb474, did you figure out than you can click on the thumbnails to view the pictures on Flickr
Enter key = Return key

As you obviously know, the enter key is used to end a paragraph and start a new one. A well formatted post or reply will increase the chance of the poster getting helped.

At least that's what I think.

Shaq
I'm sorry you have trouble reading paragraphs with more than one sentence in them and thoughts that are complex in any way.

You're also totally misunderstanding the problem I was having with flicker, which had nothing to do with thumbnails.

Your post is just one more irrelevant potshot from the peanut gallery (ironically under the guise that you somehow have a better grasp of forum etiquette and propriety).

If you don' t like the thread ignore it.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted by cb474 View Post
I'm sorry you have trouble reading paragraphs with more than one sentence in them and thoughts that are complex in any way.

You're also totally misunderstanding the problem I was having with flicker, which had nothing to do with thumbnails.

Your post is just one more irrelevant potshot from the peanut gallery (ironically under the guise that you somehow have a better grasp of forum etiquette and propriety).

If you don' t like the thread ignore it.
I am going to ignore it now since you took my advice and finally started using the Enter key

I, obviously, can read and understand your (repetitive) paragraphs. In my experience though, a well formatted post will have a better and more helpful response.

I am just trying to save you frustration in the future. You heard my advice but you can do what you want.

Welcome to t.m.o.

Shaq

I am going to ignore it now since you took my advice and finally started using the Enter key

I, obviously, can read and understand your (repetitive) paragraphs. In my experience though, a well formatted post will have a better and more helpful response.

I am just trying to save you frustration in the future. You heard my advice but you can do what you want.

Welcome to t.m.o.

Shaq
Well obviously we disagree about what a "well formatted" post is, as well as what a paragraph is. You apparently think a paragraph is made up only of one or maybe two sentences. And you apparently also think a well formatted post is just a string of single sentence paragraphs, like bullet points. I personally think that simply reflects writing (and thinking) that is extremely simplistic and has no organization other than a series of loosely connected thoughts, in no particular order.

I was actually being sarcastic in my last post, when I wrote the way you do with single sentence paragraphs. Apparently however writing the way you suggest did not help you understand my post any better. You don't even seem to understand the nature of the disagreement I had with other posters above, which makes your unsolicited advice completely irrelevant and condescending.

In any case, I don't really need suggestions from the self-appointed grammar police. And I continue to be astonished by the number of posters here who love to jump in and tell other people what they should and should not say or do. It's very obnoxious. If a thread doesn't interest me or I don't like the posts in it, I ignore it. I don't arrogantly leap into a thread that I have not been part of at all just to tell other people how to write.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Is their a shortcut for camera timer, cause sometimes taking a pic with myself in it, would be nice.

-Socrates 469 BC

Do you mean in the N900 or the N86? I believe the N900 currently lacks a self-timer feature. This has been discussed above.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
ideally, the N900 cam app grows up to become the N86 cam app plus smile recognition and touch focus. Nokia hasn't let on if it will, but the once hallowed Nseries label and Carl Zeiss optics scream for it.