Notices

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Damascus Syria
hello everybody
I need to know how to crack WPA
I know that for WEP it's like this :
Code:
home/user/.cleven/capturedData/WEP
aircrack-ng <wlanname>.cap
what is the commands to crack WPA and do I need dictionries? If yes where to download it from?

thx to all in advance

Ultimate WPA cracking guide:
http://bit.ly/Hqqim0
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
y doesnt cleven work with kp50. i copied the .ko files but i cant change the mac address. how to make it compatible

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
y doesnt cleven work with kp50. i copied the .ko files but i cant change the mac address. how to make it compatible
If you're not technically literate enough to do it the 'hard' way I suggest you install Patience from extras-lifetools and it will eventually provide a solution.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martinus For This Useful Post:
without writing this crap it would have been better and polite to just help me with the problem. i have cleven and kp50. when opening cleven it says incompatible kernel. so that is a problem. the word "incompatible" is not that sweet u know

The Following User Says Thank You to Mohammed Muid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
without writing this crap it would have been better and polite to just help me with the problem. i have cleven and kp50. when opening cleven it says incompatible kernel. so that is a problem. the word "incompatible" is not that sweet u know
just be patient and waits for latest version of Cleven by Saturn....he will fixed those error for those using KP50 on their device....

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Hi szopin,

I haven't tested this but if you need this option (or any other option) it should be fairly easy to add it yourself - it will stay till next update.

open as root the file /opt/cleven/clevenHelper.sh and in line 142 edit the line
Code:
    reaver -i wlan0 -b $2 -a -E -S -v
hope it helps
wow ! super useful! i just changed the deathentication attack from 5 to 55 and now get the WPA handshake within seconds! Also added the -N command and get the PIN from reaver in up to 3x as quick. However this wasnt succesful all the time with certain access points. i tried 10 AP's with 2 AP's just going to 99.9% in a loop . I did read somewhere there is a reason for it trying the same PIN often as the AP doesnt always accept it first time round.....anyway who knows ?! thanks Szcopin and Saturn

Saturn: i have another n900 and i recently formatted it. I installed cleven with reaver the other day and it works great but when Reaver finds the right PIN the terminal window shuts down immediately, i can almost make out the WPA keys but it closes too quick. Where should this info be stored or how can i stop the terminal window closing once it cracked the PIN.

Thanks

in /home/user/.reaver/ directory look for file <MACAddrofAP>.wpc, first eight digits there will be the PIN(you could also edit this file on your second N900 to have it start searching from 5000 upwards simultaneously with the first, possibly reducing brute forcing time at first half of the pin)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
in /home/user/.reaver/ directory look for file <MACAddrofAP>.wpc, first eight digits there will be the PIN(you could also edit this file on your second N900 to have it start searching from 5000 upwards simultaneously with the first, possibly reducing brute forcing time at first half of the pin)
Thanks for the info and advice ! On my old N900 the terminal window would just stay open but ill do it by this method;

Also, will the WPC file give me the WPA key as well as the PIN?

Thanks!

Tags
aircrack, cleven, reaver