Active Topics

Notices

Same here. Search does not work, still crashes.

BTW, here is the PM file
Attached Files
File Type: zip postmortem.zip (9.9 KB, 70 views)

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
Another crash report - when I try to sign-up to Waze, it crashes as soon as I tap on an input box.
PM attached.

EDIT - OK, found out was the problem is, the library qtquickcompat is needed, damagedspline, please add it as a dependency.
Attached Files
File Type: txt postmortem.txt (1.7 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by NiQ; 2012-01-29 at 18:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiQ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NiQ View Post
Another crash report - when I try to sign-up to Waze, it crashes as soon as I tap on an input box.
PM attached.

EDIT - OK, found out was the problem is, the library qtquickcompat is needed, damagedspline, please add it as a dependency.
for me, updating to cssu solved a similar problem long time ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdpkom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by NiQ View Post
OK, found out was the problem is, the library qtquickcompat is needed, damagedspline, please add it as a dependency.
Thanks, task committed.

That raise the question of whether I have something installed on my N900 that "fixes" the bad cast that causes the mislocation issue. It doesn't make sense that it work OK on some N900s and doesn't on the rest...

I am attaching all of my currently installed apps which is achieved by running:
Code:
dpkg -l | grep '^ii' | sort > apps.txt
So if you have the issue, please try and compare your app list with mine (you can use the diff command) and report any anomalies - maybe its a different qt library version (is it libqtm11? kernel version?) or something...
Attached Files
File Type: zip apps.zip (41.3 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by damagedspline; 2012-01-31 at 20:41. Reason: maybe kernel?

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
I installed version 0.0.5 on my n900 and found two errors.

1) I'm trying to get directions when calculating route Waze continuously outputs "Could not locate end point."
2) When I try to leave the record about alert I do not see anything on the list to select the type of alert ...

Please, help fix it!

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dortmund
First I have to say, sdpkom and Scarcow, you are not alone, unfortunately I encounter the same search - wrong place issue. Even if I try to navigate to a contact. (The comparison of running apps is beyond my skills, I think, sorry).

Aside from that, I want to ask if it is possible in the latest release to report a traffic event. If I try, all I see is a blank screen, with the possibility to go back to the map. A few days ago, waze recognized that I'am stuck in a traffic jam and asked me to classify and send it, what worked pretty fine...

thanks for your help

Originally Posted by loc69 View Post
Aside from that, I want to ask if it is possible in the latest release to report a traffic event. If I try, all I see is a blank screen, with the possibility to go back to the map.
Originally Posted by rudebwoy View Post
2) When I try to leave the record about alert I do not see anything on the list to select the type of alert ...
Please, help fix it!
Thanks, for the feedback.
The "report events" is actually a hidden browser and I am targeting it to v0.0.6 (still work in progress). I currently freezed are development until I fix the mislocation issue which is affecting a lot of users.

(project roadmap link - http://code.google.com/p/waze-qt/#TO...by_priority%29)

PS.
foursquare account integration has been committed last week - and should be available if you install the test binary i provided last week (should be installed on top of existing v0.0.5)

Last edited by damagedspline; 2012-02-01 at 08:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
im very upset with my phone, i installed the latest version 0.0.5 and the same problem again, dont start. from terminal the same error message "segmentation fault"

what is the problem with my phone?
i have also CSSU Stable now with the latest qt, but nothing, still not working...

any suggestions?

@loc69 @sdpkom @scarcow:
I have made a new test binary available here - it does not fix the search issue but it add some more logging info - this will assist me further more to locate the bad cast. Please install the following on top of v0.0.5 to the previous test binary. After installing please try to perform a search and look in the postmortem file. Search for "Read double from string" + "Double that was read from from string" & "longitude before" / "longitude after" & "latitude before" / "latitude after" (note that the after in both lon & lat cases is multiplied by 1000000).

@gianko
Please don't be upset with your phone. I have added the dependency that @NiQ suggested to the test binary listed above. Please try and install it on top of v0.0.5 and see if it solve your crash.

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
This is my log:
Attached Files
File Type: txt postmortem.txt (3.6 KB, 74 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to 654321 For This Useful Post: