Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Is this the mnotify applet? I tried it a long time ago and gave up on it.
I now use Modest pulling email from gmail via imap, and generally it works flawlessly, checking every 5 minutes
I was doing exactly what you are doing, gmail via imap checking every 5 minutes.

Maybe try to delete the account in Modest and setup the account again. Modest has issues.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
I'd use claws mail if I could get it to run in a low profile like modest does. And had the LED blinker.
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

See my updated post #1.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
Sorry Den:
I didn't catch which email app you are using on your NIT.
Is it the default app?

I want to have two gmail accounts setup and be able to easily choose which address shows up as "From" before I send.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by coosbaytv View Post
Sorry Den:
I didn't catch which email app you are using on your NIT.
Is it the default app?

I want to have two gmail accounts setup and be able to easily choose which address shows up as "From" before I send.

Any ideas?
I use the default modest email app. I have not tryed two gmail accounts. My alert problem is gone, see post #1

coosbaytv, modest pulling email from gmail via imap works for me most of the time, with 4 gmail accounts. you can choose the sender account. occasionally hangups require a reboot.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
Originally Posted by wesgreen View Post
coosbaytv, modest pulling email from gmail via imap works for me most of the time, with 4 gmail accounts. you can choose the sender account. occasionally hangups require a reboot.
thanks wesgreen:

can you tell me how to inform modest as to which email account you want to send from? Does it ask as you hit send or does it default to one?

it sends from the default email acct. of your choice (choose it in settings), but if you click to the right of that in the sender field, it shows the others as options to click on to send from instead.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Did you manage to fix this Den.

I spoke too soon before, and since reflashing, Modest does not pick up email or generate notifications unless Modest is actually open.

It works perfectly whilst Modest is open. I cannot understand why, and cannot see what has changed.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________