I still have the KP50, and recently having problems with batterry/heat.
Recently installed new CSSU update and bnf but it went fine for a few days.
(Read: I didn't yet updated to kp51 but have similair problem, i think it is not the case).
To prevent my device wear off I locked it to 500 and plugged out the cable. My batterry temperature dropped from 44 to safe 32 celsius but it discharged. Any help appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to majaczek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by majaczek View Post
I still have the KP50, and recently having problems with batterry/heat.
Recently installed new CSSU update and bnf but it went fine for a few days.
(Read: I didn't yet updated to kp51 but have similair problem, i think it is not the case).
To prevent my device wear off I locked it to 500 and plugged out the cable. My batterry temperature dropped from 44 to safe 32 celsius but it discharged. Any help appreciated.
Upgrade to KP51 and if the problem continues, please provide some data, starting with powertop output

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Seems I'm acting dumb. I recently used a few times my N900 as cellular modem for my Laptop. Last time I mistakenly put the phone where the only fan air output of my laptop is, and it heated up to 52 Celsius. Seems like false alarm of mine. Now I'll try to finish download and not kill my phone, later I will make sure if anything is okay while my phone is in a safer place. I may consider an upgrade of KP but I am hospitalised and there's no free wifi here (and for me GPRS packets are a bit costful).

EDIT: now is 38 celsius on only charger detached aside of not puttingin hot air flow. It seems most of things are okay after an hour (charger was detached for faster cooling).

Last edited by majaczek; 2012-07-29 at 19:17.

Pali, according to:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/kernel-power-settings/

...there was version 15 of kernel-power-settings (I even have it installed on one of my devices), but it was removed manually by X-Fade. do you know anything about it?

It creates kinda fubar situation - now, kernel-power-settings is only one package in whole repositories, that doesn't have -devel installation candidate at all - it lives only in -testing and extras, as version 14. -devel is literally empty, when it comes to kernel-power-settings

This situations is present for almost month already, mind You.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Either I broken my charging chip/batterry or there actually is a bug/incompability in KP51r1.
I upgraded in last minute, and nokia default batterry meter shows broken "almost empty", while bnf confirmed it is still 33% full (it perhaps uses i2c method once when run and closes).
Seems some new driver version miraclously conflict with bme (and now checked my fool steps and were none).
Anyway it seems even faster than before perceptfully. Hope that confused bme wouldn't decide to shutdown.

Edit: it shows "calibration needed : 0" and measured batterry capacity changed, but I didn't run the calibration script, could it have calibrated naturally via long charging or it indicates something broken here (it could broke something after me beeing so blunt to allow 50 celsius and not shutdown instantly to prevent overheat).
It shows "almost empty" again and again, will ccheck after next reboot.

Last edited by majaczek; 2012-07-29 at 20:43.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
I can't boot kp51 with U-Boot. It gets to "starting kernel", then screen goes black, powers off. My U-Boot version is "U-Boot with Nokia PR1.3 kernel 2012.04-1" Maybe there is a newer version?
The stock kernel boots fine.
I had kp50 before that, in U-Boot bootimage, this used to work.
After updating extras-devel, kp51 became available in HAM, but kernel-power-bootimg is not there - I was able to install it via apt-get though.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Thanks for finding, but it wouldn't it be easier/better/one-time-neccessary to do that
Code:
gconftool-2 --set /apps/wlan_driver_selector/driver_folder --type string "/opt/packet-injection-modules/current"
?
I don't have "/opt/packet-injection-modules/current" directory (symlink) on my N900, only /opt/packet-injection-modules/2.6.28.10-power51.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Lithuania
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
I can't boot kp51 with U-Boot. It gets to "starting kernel", then screen goes black, powers off. My U-Boot version is "U-Boot with Nokia PR1.3 kernel 2012.04-1" Maybe there is a newer version?
The stock kernel boots fine.
I had kp50 before that, in U-Boot bootimage, this used to work.
After updating extras-devel, kp51 became available in HAM, but kernel-power-bootimg is not there - I was able to install it via apt-get though.
Edit kp51 item file in folder /etc/bootmenu.d/

Change:
ITEM_OMAPATAG=1
to
ITEM_REUSEATAGS=1

because kp51 bootimg item file is applied to work with newest 2012.04-2 version not 2012.04-1

then u-boot-update-bootmenu and happy using.
P.S why you don't use latest version of u-boot 2012.04-2 ?

Last edited by Nobless; 2012-07-30 at 00:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nobless For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Nobless View Post
then u-boot-update-bootmenu
you mean install u-boot-update-bootmenu? or update it?

Originally Posted by Nobless View Post
P.S why you don't use latest version of u-boot 2012.04-2 ?
I wasn't aware there was a newer version of U-Boot. I didn't get a notification in HAM - or after running apt-get update.
How do I upgrade? After I do, do I still need to make those changes to kp51, or should it work as-is then?

Last edited by bennypr0fane; 2012-07-30 at 01:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
I don't have "/opt/packet-injection-modules/current" directory (symlink) on my N900, only /opt/packet-injection-modules/2.6.28.10-power51.
Yes, sorry for being misunderstandable.
Of course I meant to create a symlink on your own.
Or even better by installation script of kp and then use this "/opt/packet-injection-modules/current" directly (so gconf editing only needed once, maybe also via kp installation, pali?).

Tags
bq2415x_charger, bq27200, kernel-power