Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Any news after today IRC meeting?
The logs are available, you can read them yourself.

But otherwise, no, nothing to report.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Well I guess soon we will find out what Jolla meant by soon

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Would be good if they told something about progress. The cat is already out of the bag, but people could appreciate if they knew that, for example, current Xperia X could be upgraded to Sailfish.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Would be good if they told something about progress. The cat is already out of the bag, but people could appreciate if they knew that, for example, current Xperia X could be upgraded to Sailfish.
Just even small things really help.

I funded a kick-starter project a while a go and the guys been amazing, every few weeks they release a small update of the progress. It does not say much in the updates but it really helps knowing things are happening big or small.

What this makes me believe is that Jolla themselves aren't completely sure of how things are going to happen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
What this makes me believe is that Jolla themselves aren't completely sure of how things are going to happen.
...or they are just working like hell, to get to get the Xperia X support ready until end of Q2, like they said.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
It does not say much in the updates but it really helps knowing things are happening big or small.
Well, then you'll be happy about this:
Sony Open Devices project with Xperia X is progressing steadily. (Jaymzz_, 08:59:08)
and this:
ACTION: myself to finally release the long-overdue HADK v2 to bring 64bit ports to-date (apologies, been carried away with xperia stuff), in turn to make sfos porting even more easier <- do own housekeeping first (sledges, 08:50:30)
Somewhere in there, sledges indicated that at the moment, much of the work being done is regarding the xperia aosp base.

Things are, indeed, happening.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
"Sony plans to discontinue the Xperia X and Xperia X Compact."
"Instead, Sony confirmed plans to strengthen its focus on its flagship lineup with the Xperia XZ Premium and its mid-range lineup, which includes the Xperia XA1 and XA1 Ultra."
http://phandroid.com/2017/05/24/sony...eria-x-lineup/

Note: These were only some of the models supported by the open device program:
https://developer.sonymobile.com/ope...and-resources/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hhbbap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by hhbbap View Post
"Sony plans to discontinue the Xperia X and Xperia X Compact."
"Instead, Sony confirmed plans to strengthen its focus on its flagship lineup with the Xperia XZ Premium and its mid-range lineup, which includes the Xperia XA1 and XA1 Ultra."
http://phandroid.com/2017/05/24/sony...eria-x-lineup/

Note: These were only some of the models supported by the open device program:
https://developer.sonymobile.com/ope...and-resources/
That's why I asked at jolla blog what X-model they initial planning support. Since there are many. But no answer so I guess they don't really now. Jolla will comment on this during June but it wouldn't be so epic if they target only the basic X and no new users can buy it.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
besides Xperia , sailfish must be ported to shameshung galaxy s8. less bezels with sailfish would make it a killer smartphone. what do u think ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
besides Xperia , sailfish must be ported to shameshung galaxy s8. less bezels with sailfish would make it a killer smartphone. what do u think ?
Don't you think jolla need to get their things in order before going after latest hw? I do. While it would be fun with S8, iPhone8, Sony Xperia Super Sailfish is just a beta OS still, no hw available at all for most customers for years, trying to get second refund so they obviously need money. We should be happy if they get anything even semi working to the market...

But yeah It would be fun with a 900 Euro S8 with Sail. Not sure how many they would sell though But lately bezels are so thin so it doesn't matter if they are 0, 1, 5 or 10 mm.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-05-25 at 11:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x