Originally Posted by chilango View Post
If someone made it. Where it be possible to upload the partitions of lower FW to made it possible for all?
sadly no, its device specifik because of certificates.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Aktariel View Post
Hello,

Finally bought a Nokia N9 from a refurbishing place in China. Not my first choice, but it was the only affordable option. It's running PR1.3 with the 003 region code, and I'd really like to get it back to a fresh state without all the China social network stuff, and *with* the Europe/US services.

I've done a fair bit of reading, and I can find no mention of downgrading except strict statements that say it can't be done. From my understanding, I can go up to 009, but not down to 001. 009 appears to be "Europe (2)", but I am wondering, before I take the plunge:

1) if there's any difference between 001 and 009
2) if there's any chance at all to "downgrade" to 001 (stupid software decision, anyway - makes it seem like some countries are better than others)
3) where to get PR1.3 009 firmware, since even after scouring threads and using the most updated repos I can find (https://silma.tk/soft/ or https://markom.lt/n9/firmwares/) there's no 009 firmwares

alternatively, are there ways to take the firmware version I have and remove the pieces that I don't want?
or, is there a different region I should look at upgrading to? (006 seems to be the highest region I can find firmware for, which is Middle East iirc, and I don't know what effect that will have on anything except Maps/Drive).

Thank you!
1) if you have 003 version (china) you cannot flash even 009 version on top if it as chinese cmt cannot be upgraded nor downgraded to any other region than 003. If you have phone that is any other than 003, for example 001 or 005 then you could flash 009. Only thing that you can do is gain all capa access, and manually edit sw and services to match european version.

2) downgrade is only possible if you have working closed mode phone and know how to edit your own phones certificate in a special way (and no you should _not_ use other phones cert like one thread in this forum offers as that can brick your phone if hardware version does not match.) And even then you cannot downgrade CMT, so once chinese version has been flashed then its set forever.

3) you have 003, so 009 is no luck, you can only reflash 003.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Poland
So I guess it wouldn't be possible to flash 009 over 003 version and then later just reflash CMT with 003 firmware as described in flashing guide for N9 to make radio work?

The Following User Says Thank You to sylwiusz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sylwiusz View Post
So I guess it wouldn't be possible to flash 009 over 003 version and then later just reflash CMT with 003 firmware as described in flashing guide for N9 to make radio work?
Well in theory you can trigger openmode and flash any filesystem (for example 001) that you want, but there might be issues running european sw against chinese cmt. But then again you can in option 1. just gain all capas and replace and resign the software binaries yourself without losing the closed mode.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sylwiusz View Post
I did it for 005 over 003. I described it in this post: https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1483483#6

Been using it for more than a year now as my main phone in the USA. Works fine. Szydl0 did it too didn't seem to have any problems either and said it worked fine in Europe: https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...78&postcount=7 & https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...26&postcount=9

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DA5 For This Useful Post:
Thanks rainisto and DA5. So it seems I should be able to normally flash 009 over 003 and then to have radio working again flash just CMT from 003 by using:
Code:
flasher -f -F old_main.bin --flash-only=cmt
And all must have been done in openmode. Am I right? Sorry for stupid questions, but I feel still a beginner in Meego/N9 ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to sylwiusz For This Useful Post:
You don't need open mode. Even though 009 should work, I've only tried it with 005 over 003 so you might want to try that first and see if it has what you're looking for. I haven't noticed a difference between my 005 and my girlfriend's 001.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DA5 For This Useful Post:
OK, thanks again, I'll try both then as soon as my N9 arrives until I'd just lucky and that would be 001, but I doubt as I've ordered it from China ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylwiusz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
What can I do if I have a 339 (Swedish) N9 with PR1.3? I've spent quite some time searching but have been unable to find this firmware, and the 001 version gives "Downgrade disallowed". Only good for the bin?

The Following User Says Thank You to Lomax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
What can I do if I have a 339 (Swedish) N9 with PR1.3? I've spent quite some time searching but have been unable to find this firmware, and the 001 version gives "Downgrade disallowed". Only good for the bin?
I do have another N9, which is in closed mode on PR1.3 region 001 - there are hints in this thread that it may be possible to use this to "downgrade" a localised N9 to region 001, but no link to further information. Anyone know where I can read more about this procedure?

The Following User Says Thank You to Lomax For This Useful Post: