newsbot | Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2005
 Devesh Kothari has just informed us that he has finished porting Gaim 1.5 for Maemo. Gaim is a multi-platform instant messenger that supports many commonly used instant messaging systems including:[br /] [br /]     * AOL Instant Messenger (via OSCAR or TOC protocols)[br /]     * Gadu-Gadu[br /] ...
Read the full article.

I'd like to know how Gaim works with Maemo. Can you log on and then switch to another application? Will it prompt you that someone has sent you a message if you are on a different application?

Thanks.

I'll check it out! I tried the eearlier, "ugly" version, and it worked pretty smoothly.

Speaking of IM clients, can anyone with a Nokia 770 test this site out, via the Opera browser, and see if it works:

http://www.meebo.com

No java involved. The site was created using the Ajax technology.

Thanks.

Doing it now, what would you like me to test out for you?

BTW, I cannot find a download for the GAIM 1.5 anywhere...?

"Browser not support, stay tuned!"...

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
If opera doesn't work, perhaps it does with Manaos http://www.indt.org.br/10le/manaos/

It should work as manaos is minimo for maemo, minimo being tuned down version of mozilla.

Oh, I forgot about the other browser. I have it installed, but do not have my tablet with me right now, will check this later for you.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Richmond, Va, USA
I installed GAIM and entered my AOL IM information. When I try to connect it says "Cannot connect to host". Does anyone know what this means?

Originally Posted by fermunky
Oh, I forgot about the other browser. I have it installed, but do not have my tablet with me right now, will check this later for you.
Fermunky, how did you get Manaos to work on your device? Every time I try, I only get a segmentation fault.