Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
seems angelfish is not built for i386. can you build it please? want to try on my Jolla Tablet.

same for keyboard plugin. telegram installed and starting fine

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
seems angelfish is not built for i386. can you build it please? want to try on my Jolla Tablet.

same for keyboard plugin. telegram installed and starting fine
The problem is that KDE 5.14 platform has i386 discontinued (5.12 is fine). So, you have to build it yourself by changing https://invent.kde.org/kde/plasma-an...elfish.json#L4 to 5.12. Same goes for Maliit plugin - cannot build it against discontinued platform/arch combo.

Shift to 5.14 came as Plasma is moving to 5.14 by default.

Building is not difficult, you have to install platforms+SDK with correct arch on your PC and then use flatpak-builder.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
In addition there were few other changes as well. Better use https://invent.kde.org/kde/plasma-an...angelfish.json

@Nekron: I checked the loaded libs and they seem to be the same for Flatpak and SFOS native. So, can't tell on the basis of that and its not why Xperia X is slower than XA2

try to run

flatpak-runner org.kde.mobile.angelfish chrome://gpu

(until corresponding issue is fixed, have to start new angelfish for it). I have HW accelerated canvas, flash and few others (not all). compare X and XA2 and see if there is some major difference.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Lyon (France)
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Due to QtWayland limitations, only Qt/QML applications run well with Gdk apps refusing to start due to the absence of currently standard Wayland extensions.
Is there a way to know on flathub which app is designed with QT/QML. It is not clear for me.

For example, nothing about than on
https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.telegram.desktop

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vbelloir For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vbelloir View Post
Is there a way to know on flathub which app is designed with QT/QML. It is not clear for me.

For example, nothing about than on
https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.telegram.desktop
No, not visually shown on Flathub. you have to dig into the app source

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Lyon (France)
Ok, thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vbelloir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
The problem is that KDE 5.14 platform has i386 discontinued (5.12 is fine). So, you have to build it yourself by changing https://invent.kde.org/kde/plasma-an...elfish.json#L4 to 5.12. Same goes for Maliit plugin - cannot build it against discontinued platform/arch combo.

Shift to 5.14 came as Plasma is moving to 5.14 by default.

Building is not difficult, you have to install platforms+SDK with correct arch on your PC and then use flatpak-builder.
which arch is available then? 486? what is the limit really?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
which arch is available then? 486? what is the limit really?
good questions. i386 was available for org.freedesktop.Platform 18.08 (used by KDE 5.12), not 19.08 (used by KDE 5.14). available arches are x86_64, arm, aarch64. They plan to discontinue ARM for the next platform, so we better get ready for running AARCH64 or to start compiling our own Flatpaks for ARM. Security updates for 19.08 will be done for some time, will stop in 2021 Aug (I think).

Why they drop platforms I don't know. Please feel free to ping them around on IRC (#freedesktop-sdk) or find the issue tracker and complain. I am somewhat tired of doing complaining and asking there [as I did regarding i386 and ARM already; don't remember where was issue tracker]

Question to those who know about web:

When I open TMO in Sailfish browser, the page is shown in full width. Not very readable, but all is there and we can zoom as we need. Same with Chrome on Android.

In Angelfish, I get it shown with readable fonts, but only part of it. Same is if I use Chrome or Firefox on desktop.

Hence the question, is it a bug on Angelfish or web site side? If it's Angelfish, any idea how to fix it?

Tags
flatpak