Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I have been playing with ED for a while now and it is a very fine system, THANKS!

But it is hard to use the mousepointer, a bluetoothmouse would ofcourse help, but not very practical while walking down the streeet...
Maybe a tiny trackball or especially a touchpad that could be laying ontop of the screen would make it more usable.
-But hey! there already is a touch sensitive layer there! ...
So, would it be possible to convert the touchscreen into a touchpad??

If not... Would it be possible to add a touchpadwindow, like vxkeyb?

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Hey. i'm new to easy debian, but i've been toying with it for a few days, and i just managed to add Right mouse click while holding down Fn key, turns out to be rather simple, using xbindkeys + xdotool.

Anyways i wanted to know how i can do autoexec when starting lxde ?
I want to execute xbindkeys, when lxde starts up,

Hope someone can help me. Anyways, with right mouse click, dosbox windowed in lxde is pretty damn cool

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
Hey. i'm new to easy debian, but i've been toying with it for a few days, and i just managed to add Right mouse click while holding down Fn key, turns out to be rather simple, using xbindkeys + xdotool.

Anyways i wanted to know how i can do autoexec when starting lxde ?
I want to execute xbindkeys, when lxde starts up,

Hope someone can help me. Anyways, with right mouse click, dosbox windowed in lxde is pretty damn cool
Hi, You can put the line

@xbindkeys -f /home/user/.xbindkeysrc

in

/etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart

For other useful information check the first entry in this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Or put it in:
Code:
/etc/xdg/openbox/autostart.sh
or:
Code:
~/.config/openbox/autostart.sh
How did you manage to avoid this?:
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
I just tried xdotool on my laptop but unfortunately this is no option because multiple mouse button clicks block each other. So simulating one by executing another doesn't work.

The Following User Says Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
How did you manage to avoid this?:

"I just tried xdotool on my laptop but unfortunately this is no option because multiple mouse button clicks block each other. So simulating one by executing another doesn't work."
simple.. add this in xbindkeys

"xdotool click 3"
m:0x80 + b:1 + release

since it waits with right click until release, theres no conflict...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mthmob For This Useful Post:
For my tests I had this in my .xbindkeysrc in a Debian Squeeze VM:
Code:
# specify a mouse button
"xdotool -click --clearmodifiers 3"
  Shift_L + b:1 + Release
But all I got was a non-working left click, without any right click action (e.g. context menu).

I'll try your example on the real device.

For my tests I had this in my .xbindkeysrc in a Debian Squeeze VM:
Code:
# specify a mouse button
"xdotool -click --clearmodifiers 3"
  Shift_L + b:1 + Release
But all I got was a non-working left click, without any right click action (e.g. context menu).

I'll try your example on the real device.
The xdotool command your using, dosent seem to work in my ED. But ive never tried debian squeeze VM. so dont know.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Just a reminder, tap-and-hold should work as a right-click in GDK+ (Gnome) apps ... but dosbox and others probably would benefit from a working right-click solution that uses a keyboard modifier. So I would like to see a working solution here, too...

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
Does anyone know how to get to the rootfs folder Synaptic uses to to store the Repo pakage info. "apt-get clean" does not help. (i know how to use the "Thank" button) Any help is welcome.
Debian

Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
The xdotool command your using, dosent seem to work in my ED. But ive never tried debian squeeze VM. so dont know.
I first tried without --clearmodifier but that even worked less (I made some tests with starting programs in advance instead of emulating mouse clicks). But it might be that VirtualBox adds additional obstacles.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Just a reminder, tap-and-hold should work as a right-click in GDK+ (Gnome) apps ... but dosbox and others probably would benefit from a working right-click solution that uses a keyboard modifier. So I would like to see a working solution here, too...
I'd be more interested in a working middle click since I'm pretty fine with the tap-and-hold variant. But once the basics are done changing the mouse button should be trivial.

What about my suggestion of a subdirectory for the ED home mount in the next image?

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze