Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
I was in Cambridge earlier this week for the Collabora Christmas party (mmm plenty of after dinner port) and I walked past a shop that I *know* was meant for Kathy.

unfortunately it was closed when I went otherwise a mysterious gift would have come from it, but I took pictures to show her.

Its a shop called Parade gift shop, and its a few doors down from the Collabora offices.

So Kathy, is this secretly where you live?

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I don't live in Cambridge, no. But there are corners of my home that look very much like that window. It looks glorious. A lovely friendly place.

There are so many bears here that I long since stopped trying to keep count. I suspect them of sneaking down and letting their friends in when I'm away. Every spare corner here is bear-filled.

The other night I decided (in the wee small hours) to try out the n900 flash camera in the total dark, to see how well it could focus. I pointed it randomly in the bedroom and this is what I captured.
Attached Images

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Well I reckon that we ought to sort out a Teddy Bear care home to be run by Kathy. All orhpaned bears to be passed along to a good home where they will be looked after by Kathy. They could look forward to exciting trips to the secure ward where hopefully they wouldn't have their ears bitten off before they came home again.

I already provide a retirement home - I have bears turn up here after bereavement, emotional trauma and even being found on the riverbank.

I used to be a member of the Teddy Bear Liberation Front but I can't afford to liberate any more from charity shops!

I keep two bears in the trunk of every car I own.

I learned a long time ago from my Law Enforcement days that nothing soothes a kid who was in a car wreck more than a fuzzy bear.

Is is cruel and unusual punishment to keep them in the trunk? LOL

If I know bears, they'd probably agree with you completely on your reason for having them there. And for that alone not only would they forgive you the cruelty, they'd consider it a price worth paying for the ultimate good.

I used to send bears to charities for refugee children overseas: in amongst the needs for housing, food and clean water, someone to hold on to and call your own is important when you've lost everything and everyone.

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
I know someone with an entire home full of bears & a storage with over 2k+ bears.

Rather sick imo.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
This thread made me laugh!

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
If I know bears, they'd probably agree with you completely on your reason for having them there. And for that alone not only would they forgive you the cruelty, they'd consider it a price worth paying for the ultimate good.

I used to send bears to charities for refugee children overseas: in amongst the needs for housing, food and clean water, someone to hold on to and call your own is important when you've lost everything and everyone.
Well in that case Kathy maybe we should organise an escape line for the bears. I'm thinking along the lines of the old BBC 'Secret Army' but I suspect 'Allo 'Allo would be more apt.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by God View Post
Rather sick imo.
Who is it harming?

Tags
joykillers unite, teddyfest