Notices

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
hello everybody,

i'm using the n900 for a week now and i have a small problem. I use a popcorn hour to play my media and the media player of the n900 has the possibility of playing all my songs and movies. He can find all the movies and play only the sound of them. i don't see anything.

Is there a way of installing extra codecs or what should i do to get this working?

thx

Niels

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
Do you have "Extra decoders support" installed?
Here is another similar discussion.

Originally Posted by onutz View Post
Do you have "Extra decoders support" installed?
Here is another similar discussion.
Hello,

the extra decoder pack is installed on my device. i don't know what to do anymore

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
try also installing subtitles app

Originally Posted by onutz View Post
try also installing subtitles app
i'll try installing this app.

i allready know i only have problems with wmv and avi. mpeg video are no problem to stream from my popcorn

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
I have popcorn hour a110 too and it works with most of the videos. The ones that do not work, are those which have unsupported codecs or too high resolution/bitrates.

I also have the PCH-A100. I would be interested in hearing what you learn. Also, I'd appreciate it if you tell us a bit about what you use the N900 to in regards to the Popcorn Hour. What programs do you use?

I haven't even found the Popcorn Hour from the N900 yet.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
"It just works" for me, once I'm on the home WiFi network, Media Player shows a small string in left bottom corner with the name of my PCH device and if you click that, you'll get to the browsing of the content.

Abbra,

i ca find him like you but only mpeg will play not avi or wmv. now i installed subtitles support to test if this will help. hopefully mkv will play. But my movieclips on the phone local (ex lucky number slevin, movietrailers) play perfectly only with the popcorn hour it doesn't

I am assuming that you can stream certain things fine via UPNP like mpeg4, but avi files do not work. If so, please see this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40523 and vote on the bug. This bug is about the sound playing but no video showing.

The Following User Says Thank You to JustCallMeJoe For This Useful Post: