Notices

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
It seems that, if u install CSSU update, fmms does'nt receive messagges... is this right? it would be done something?

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by alexporta View Post
It seems that, if u install CSSU update, fmms does'nt receive messagges... is this right? it would be done something?
I've gotten several MMS from others since the update, including two today. I'm betting it's not CSSU causing it directly. It could be that your service vendor has put something in place to detect your IMEI and is now not sending you MMS because the phone officially (as launched) didn't support it. There were several operators that had to be educated to fix this when fMMS first came out.

If you can send MMS, but not receive them, I'd suspect the operator more than anything on the device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
There was definitely something send to me yesterday, but I get no notifications at all with KP50, and i'm on T-Mobile DE. Not while on 2G and not while registered with 3G service. But it seems i can send...

You should be able to send/receive MMS even on 2G (via so-called 2.5G).

Anyway, I've tested it by sending MMS to myself (sending also via fMMS), and everything was received fine (after few minutes).

I'm using kp50 and latest CSSU-Testing.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
at least its work, 3times attempt of try and its there,

It's sounding more and more like T-Mobil DE and T-Mobil IT have both shifted to something new. I'm curious (being a T-Mobil US user), if you log into your account does it now indicate the device you're using as N900? Mine still is showing "unknown device" and no icon. If yours is now showing N900 it may be that T-Mobil in your area has finally updated it's database to include IMEI values for the N900.

I had this issue with AT&T US shortly after fMMS was setup and working. They updated their computers to know N900s and stopped sending MMS to them since technically the N900 doesn't support MMS. In AT&T's case, it would send a standard SMS instructing you on how to log into your AT&T online account and see/read your MMS online. After several calls, over a week, I got them to set the N900 up as a "dual mode" device. That means it would assume you had no MMS until you sent one. (I told them MMS support was released in a "firmware upgrade"...)

It may be you need to now do the same with your T-Mobil provider. I'm hopeful that T-Mobil USA is slow to update their info, or don't bother updating "old" Nokia devices in their database... That way I don't have to deal with this a second time.

I'm user of T-Mobile PL (former, Era), and everything works fine. BTW, this thing with IMEI lookup FCKN'in reminds me of disabling or enabling web services, due to user agent string... I hope that everyone getting so bright ideas will roast slowly on IT hell.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I'm user of T-Mobile PL (former, Era), and everything works fine. BTW, this thing with IMEI lookup FCKN'in reminds me of disabling or enabling web services, due to user agent string... I hope that everyone getting so bright ideas will roast slowly on IT hell.

/Estel
To some degree, yes. In the case of AT&T they were actually trying to be nice. Setting up a system to notify people with devices the didn't have MMS a way to get notified and see the messages, vs just having them go off into the ether. Just turning them off with no way to view them online though is just being mean.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
hi, i wonder if it would be possible to add function tol delete all mms messeges at once...or to choose which to delete as in sms app... it is very frustrating to delete 1 by 1 =)

The Following User Says Thank You to macolar For This Useful Post:
Probably only if You implement it Yourself (code is Open), as original maintainer isn't here anymore.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python