Originally Posted by Wizzup_ View Post
Someone did a port to the Gemini PDA already, based on the stock kernel and libhybris, see https://maemo-leste.github.io/maemo-...pril-2018.html

That said, 'official' support (whatever that means) might not follow until there is decent mainline support. Currently I've been doing quite some hardware enablement/testing and I don't want to do more of it, but rather focus on software.

There is no image for it yet, but I assume we could help provide such an image.

It's been too long since a status update post, one will follow in the next few days.
Would be very nice, Gemini by default include a flasher where you can select the downloadable android, linux + sailfish ... If you can create an image for their flasher It would be my 3rd boot option ... Gemini is a robust big device and fully open and friendly.

I just received my device had no chance to dig deeper into it, but together with my n900 one of the best choice as far i can see now...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to szilveszter.domotor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ India
I tried to install Maemo -Leste on Nokia n9 but seems like all files are corrupted or broken.. whenever I tried to extract the file on pc it always gives me an error at the end of extraction.

I followed the steps of sailfish installation and I also flash the latest ubiboot but still not working... just let me know is there any possible way to install on my Nokia n9. if anybody has the working file of Maemo-Leste please share with me and also guide me in the correct way of installation.

Please help me guys, I want to give a try to Maemo-Leste.

Thank You

Last edited by Mike_F1; 2019-05-28 at 05:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike_F1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mike_F1 View Post
I tried to install Maemo -Leste on Nokia n9 but seems like all files are corrupted or broken.. whenever I tried to extract the file on pc it always gives me an error at the end of extraction.

I followed the steps of sailfish installation and I also flash the latest ubiboot but still not working... just let me know is there any possible way to install on my Nokia n9. if anybody has the working file of Maemo-Leste please share with me and also guide me in the correct way of installation.

Please help me guys, I want to give a try to Maemo-Leste.

Thank You
Hi!

I think you made a github issue too - I asked Parazyd and wicket to check it out. Just to be clear: Maemo Leste on the N9 is very alpha, way more than on Droid4, N900 or on Allwinner devices. If you want to try Maemo Leste, a virtual machine may be the easiest first step.

Thanks for figuring out the extraction issue though, I'm sure we'll have that part fixed soon.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wizzup_ View Post
Hi!

I think you made a github issue too - I asked Parazyd and wicket to check it out. Just to be clear: Maemo Leste on the N9 is very alpha, way more than on Droid4, N900 or on Allwinner devices. If you want to try Maemo Leste, a virtual machine may be the easiest first step.

Thanks for figuring out the extraction issue though, I'm sure we'll have that part fixed soon.
Thnx Wizzup for your quick response.

well right now I only have Nokia n9 with me so, Will you please suggest me the best alt_os for Nokia n9 in 2019. I tried android and sailfish... if u know some other OS which is really good and stable so please help me out.

Thank you .

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike_F1 For This Useful Post:
IF you have a working distribution for Gemini please share with us the the kernel and secondary bootloader image (linux.bin, debian_boot.img). Unfortunately as far I have my experiences the flashing the only possibility to manage the multiboot properly and eventually both avaiable distrobutions has some conflict by default in ARM64 apt (debian with libreoffice, kali had some libraries, which seemed to be system library)... But if you can make an image for gemini users, you can use eighter the debian/kali/sailfish to have the wifi driver,audio etc what required, I am not sure if leste in a phase where we can talk about the cellular functionality, with linux wifi would be enough max 4g modem could be handy.

I have read your comment and you told someone "managed" to install it if you have the flash image just send the link across

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szilveszter.domotor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szilveszter.domotor View Post
IF you have a working distribution for Gemini please share with us the the kernel and secondary bootloader image (linux.bin, debian_boot.img). Unfortunately as far I have my experiences the flashing the only possibility to manage the multiboot properly and eventually both avaiable distrobutions has some conflict by default in ARM64 apt (debian with libreoffice, kali had some libraries, which seemed to be system library)... But if you can make an image for gemini users, you can use eighter the debian/kali/sailfish to have the wifi driver,audio etc what required, I am not sure if leste in a phase where we can talk about the cellular functionality, with linux wifi would be enough max 4g modem could be handy.

I have read your comment and you told someone "managed" to install it if you have the flash image just send the link across

Hi szilveszter,
Below are the link of Maemo-Laste of N9, N950 & N900. I used to flash in my Nokia n9 with N9 and N950 files but just got stuck with an error. Just for the cross check I also downloaded the file of n900 but the issue was same.. when I tried to extract the file at the end it gives me an error. I faced the same issue with the .img file.

N9: https://maedevu.maemo.org/images/n9/20190315/
N900: https://maedevu.maemo.org/images/n900/20190225/
N950: https://maedevu.maemo.org/images/n950/20190225/

Thanks to Maemo-Laste team they help me to boot into Maemo-laste..
it is very alpha for Nokia n9, I just booted into Maemo but there is only Menu icon in the left center of the display nothing else. I think I need to wait for the stable version.

Thank You

Last edited by Mike_F1; 2019-05-31 at 07:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike_F1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
it is very alpha for Nokia n9, I just booted into Maemo but there is only Menu icon in the left center of the display nothing else. I think I need to wait for the stable version.

Thank You
I can confirm this and many log messages that watchdogs could not be killed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
God I love your username.
Reminds me of MR. Meeseeks

The only one better would be "Give us a kiss"

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Better yet, join the effort ... if you can help with some of the work, then that'd help a lot

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I just read a bit about kernel 5.1 and the advantages of it. Maemo Leste is 5.0 I believe. In 5.1 there was some mention of ability to use persistent flash memory as ram. Does anybody know better and could it give any new possibilities with N900 (like more ram somehow)? I really don't understand that stuff but just spotted the news.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
leste, maemo 7