Active Topics

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Noki...ew-r_2318.html

Battery life described as a day and a half with wifi on, extensive internet browsing, 40 to 50 minute calling. Good to see that. They weren't impressed with the camera which for the most part has been praised by others. Also some info on GPS signal times. Nothing else really noteworthy from the review. Overall they really liked the phone.

Last edited by bobz99by; 2009-11-18 at 18:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to bobz99by For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
That was fairly balanced.

Good review. They seem to have actually tested the device.

There was one interesting problem they mentioned:

"but [the e-mail client] happens to have one major flaw – you just cannot hot-switch between your email accounts, meaning you will have to log off then sign back into another one."

Is that true? That would indeed by a super major flaw. With claws-mail on my N800 or whatever I run on the desktop I can simply select another inbox on another account, and move between them at will.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
This review is old, I posted this about a month ago and I notice that since the month has passed, quite a few of those sample pictures are on other sites too.

I forgot about this review since then, so I think others are using some of these pics.

Original post: (still appreciate the post, since some may have missed it)

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33386

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-11-19 at 13:33.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Good review. They seem to have actually tested the device.

There was one interesting problem they mentioned:

"but [the e-mail client] happens to have one major flaw – you just cannot hot-switch between your email accounts, meaning you will have to log off then sign back into another one."

Is that true? That would indeed by a super major flaw. With claws-mail on my N800 or whatever I run on the desktop I can simply select another inbox on another account, and move between them at will.
I don't know what they mean by "hot-switching". I have multiple email accounts on my Maemo 5 email client. I just go into one, and then press back within the email client to see the list of set up accounts, then switch into another account. So I don't really know, it's probably just a phrasing issue with their review text.

The one thing you cannot do is to have two email clients running at the same time as separate tasks in the Dashboard. But that's... Well, you can't see two windows at the same time anyway.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ragnar For This Useful Post: