Active Topics

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Umm. We seriously need a FAQ section for the N9. =P

btw, does it have live thumbnails? (I couldn't really test on my test device as the video/angry birds pauses in background and had no internet access to load up a web page in the background)
its live, i saw clock thing moving around in a few but games and video pauses when going to multitask

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bangalore
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Umm. We seriously need a FAQ section for the N9. =P

btw, does it have live thumbnails? (I couldn't really test on my test device as the video/angry birds pauses in background and had no internet access to load up a web page in the background)
It does have live thumbnails

The Following User Says Thank You to raghu_mark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by judibet View Post
Nokia is amazing!

Everybody want a N900's like phone, but:
- More slim
- Powerfull (with 2 CPU's)
- With a physical keyboard
- With N900's functions!

So, the N9 is very design but... Have only the design in more!

Where is the keyboard?
Where is the F.M. transmitter?
Where is the IM integration on contacts?
Where is the full flash support?
Where is the second CPU, like all new phones?

For me, Nokia is norrow minded !
Maybe most people will like the N9 but all Linux fans and N900's fan will prefer Android...

Thanks to Nokia for this amazing very very bad trip !

Krpeuh!
I have been reading quite a bit of aggression against the N9. Some are valid and some are not ...

1. Single core processor: Honestly N9 doesn't need a dual / quad core to work smoothly. It provides better performance than some of the dual core counterparts

2. HW Keyboard: It is true that HWKb would have made it a great device. But, i hardly miss it. I have missed it only on a very occasions.

3. FMRx and FMTx hardware is present on the Soc. Its a question of writing an app to use them. It was a similar case on N900 wrt to FMRx.

4. Regarding IM integration, you need to use the device to understand the kind of integration that has happened. Its Good and better than N900.

5. HDMI: i miss it as well. But, somebody could use NFC to try and stream videos over Wifi (wishful thinking )

N9 is not the logical successor to N900. But, it offers you nearly the same kind of freedom like the N900. Its a better device with complete Qt integration.

Honestly, you need to use the device before coming to conclusions

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to raghu_mark For This Useful Post:
http://media.tinhte.vn/photo/var/res...g?m=1308684113
is this what u call irony? meego updates?

on other news-
http://media.tinhte.vn/photo/var/res...g?m=1308684133

it support google, caldav, mail for exchange.

it looks like nokia never forgets the basic.

lets hope adobe give us flash :< or QMLtube works well with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
That's funny and Jakiman said the Singapore version had 24 while his had 23 and this is verison 25 so that is good news, either way regardless of everyone's whining without actually using the phone (except a handful) I am excited. I still love my n900 but this device is growing on me.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by raghu_mark View Post
1. Single core processor: Honestly N9 doesn't need a dual / quad core to work smoothly. It provides better performance than some of the dual core counterparts
I agree... although a slightly more "up to date" CPU would have been appreciated (even a 1.2GHz). This is ignoring the fact that we have no idea what the current 1GHz CPU on the N9 will clock to comfortably yet of course (if at all possible, otherwise the "up to date" comment becomes all the more relevant).

2. HW Keyboard: It is true that HWKb would have made it a great device. But, i hardly miss it. I have missed it only on a very occasions.
HWKB is a personal preference; while I won't flat out say "NO" to a device without one, I'd definitely prefer one with!!! Up until the launch I'm sure most of us were hoping for the best after some "rumours" in the N9 anticipation thread with regards to Haptikos.

3. FMRx and FMTx hardware is present on the Soc. Its a question of writing an app to use them. It was a similar case on N900 wrt to FMRx.
Are you sure about that? There were a number of comments in the anticipation thread about the hardware NOT being present. I'm sincerely hoping you are right about this because the FMTx is one of the features I will miss most if I were to switch to an N9 from an N900.

5. HDMI: i miss it as well. But, somebody could use NFC to try and stream videos over Wifi (wishful thinking )
TBH, I haven't used ANY of the video out capabilities of ANY of the phones I've ever owned (I'm probably the odd one out judging by the number of people hoping for HDMI). Possibly DLNA could fill the gap left by the missing HDMI port? I've always gone NAS -> N900, but I'm fairly certain the other way around is possible as well (wireless network being the limiting factor).

N9 is not the logical successor to N900. But, it offers you nearly the same kind of freedom like the N900. Its a better device with complete Qt integration.
The pros and cons seem to even out - a sidegrade device IMHO - at least until further testing and information is available.

only one thing I would like to know is if the mail-for-exchange on N9 would be able to configure more than one account?

Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post

Are you sure about that? There were a number of comments in the anticipation thread about the hardware NOT being present. I'm sincerely hoping you are right about this because the FMTx is one of the features I will miss most if I were to switch to an N9 from an N900.
I am absolutely sure about it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raghu_mark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
only one thing I would like to know is if the mail-for-exchange on N9 would be able to configure more than one account?
Yes. It is the first Nokia phone to support multiple MfE accounts. This was stated by the product manager in confidence at the Sydney event.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
swipe.nokia.com has 15k "likes" already, that's pretty damn good for 24 hrs!
it was at 3k last night.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????