Same here. I had an unlimited data plan for years using an N8. Within two days of inserting my sim into my new n9, I got an email and text saying that my plan was being changed accordingly. Of course I called to complain and argue at least three times. later they reversed the change (while sim was back in the n8). Haven't had any problems yet...

Interestingly enough, now AT&T has a bring-your-own-phone plan with unlimited plan.

I had my N9 on AT&T for the past 2 months & it was never detected. I did just switch to T-Mobile - with the shared plan I get unlimited data/talk/text for $25/month. AT&T now has a similar plan but not only was it more expensive, they also still want to charge extra for having a smartphone whereas T-Mobile does not care what you use.

On a side note: got my family the Nokia 521. Cost cutting was obvious in some areas but not a bad phone at all. A steal for the $60-70 it has been selling for at Amazon, MS Store, Target etc lately plus the free $20 app voucher.

Last edited by Nokia69; 2013-12-29 at 12:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nokia69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
Originally Posted by modemuphile View Post
Same here. I had an unlimited data plan for years using an N8. Within two days of inserting my sim into my new n9, I got an email and text saying that my plan was being changed accordingly. Of course I called to complain and argue at least three times. later they reversed the change (while sim was back in the n8). Haven't had any problems yet...

Interestingly enough, now AT&T has a bring-your-own-phone plan with unlimited plan.
when did that happen?