Posts: 52 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Poland, Tricity
Hi. So I messed up something with my virtual development machine and harmattan-dev.nokia.com is down from 3 days. I'm beginning to think it might be the end of it (hope not)... Thankfully I've got a snapshot with the Platform SDK and Scratchbox installed.

I remember I used this tutorial about integrating Qt Creator with Scratchbox. So if anyone has a copy then that would be helpful.

But I also remember I had problems setting up a toolchain for Harmattan (the instruction I guess was for older version of QT Creator). Building of application from QTC worked but not always refreshed the app and debugging never worked for me. So - how do you have it set up? Are you able to debug?

Is the QtC you have from the qt-project site, a repository or part of Nokia-Qt-SDK?

I got a post back on the qt-prject (digia) forums earlier today, saying Nokia products were no longer supported. Therefore you need to dowload/install/run the Nokia-Qt-SDK from developer.nokia.com to develop for Maemo 5, 6 or Symbian.

When you install the Nokia-Qt-SDK, make sure your /tmp can grow to about 4GB because otherwise the install will not be successful. Even if using the offline installer, the maitenance tool bloats the /tmp. On first run of the Nokia-Qt-SDK, Follow:
Help > Updater > Package manager
- select all Harmattan related packages and anything else you're after.

What OS are you using? It shouldn't really matter but there might be some nuances.

Once the Nokia-Qt-SDK is installed and running, then it might be possible to separate the Nokia bits from the Digia/OSS bits, so you can upgrade the IDE and libraries, while preserving the ability to compile for Maemo 5, 6 and Symbian devices, maybe more id these amazing ports by qt yield good results.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Poland, Tricity
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Is the QtC you have from the qt-project site, a repository or part of Nokia-Qt-SDK?
I had Platform SDK installed I thought that was it. The instructions mentioned I needed to download QtC and the page redirected to digia so I downloaded from there. Will try the one bundled with Nokia Qt SDK - thankfully they didn't dropped it yet... I'm downloading all off-line installers just in case .

Thanks for your advices! Hope to make my dev-VM more usable now .

The Following User Says Thank You to eccenux For This Useful Post: