Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Ok somebody please confirm this.
Ergonpandilus from finnish forum is saying that you can kill application by siwping upwards from bottom of the device? He has used the device.
You just need to set it from settings before this comes available.

This is great if true! So you could close the apps fast when you are inside it.
That's true, though the swipe is from up to bottom -- the other swipe just puts application into a recents view.

Felipe (now famous for his arguing with Elop) wrote a patch and me and Urho drove it through the management at last. Congratulations to Urho and Felipe on persisting and getting it not only as configuration option but also in Settings UI.

There are so many small details to consider when introducing such "seemingly innoncent" features that it was not so easy to convince people. Still, it shows it what is possible to achieve together in an open collaboration mode.

The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by buchanmilne View Post
Well, apparently Fremantle on N900 doesn't enable hardfp, whereas Meego for N900 does. Whether Harmattan does or not is the question, but if binaries for Meego are supposed to run on Harmattan, then it must.
Harmattan has hardfp enabled. In fact, MeeGo/ARM went to hardfp because it was extensively tested that way on Harmattan toolchain first.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
That is one rather unattractive bird. The phone though... not bad.
lul wat/

are you saying that she's a 4:3 material presented in 16:9...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
Flash is good for Desktops, but it is not yet optimized for mobile platform. Its power usage can drain your battery within hours

"Good on desktop" LOL I guess you run windows...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
lul wat/

are you saying that she's a 4:3 material presented in 16:9...
That's not even nerd funny

That is some good news about the battery. My guess is i actually might afford an N9 short time after release, especially when Nokia itself is trying to sabotage it.

Last edited by Daneel; 2011-06-24 at 08:27.

A few more raves of major sites and elop is gonna feel the boot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
When I talk flash I mean SDK and bloated closedsource plugins for webgames and animations etc. It should just die imho.

With HTML5 we atleast can improve it cause the webrendering algoritms, like webkit/gecko, is opensource. Adobe is not AFAIK.
As a game developer, I have to respectfully disagree. I am not excited about mobile Flash yet, but Flash itself is a terrific platform for stable, wide-reaching casual games. With Flash11 even more so thanks to the 3D accelleration. This will become even more significant when Unity is able to target Flash as a platform.

HTML5 is good for interactive content and decent for non-distributed games, but it is not going to be a full Flash replacement anytime soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by manifesto42 View Post
From what i gathered from this thread, the N9 does not seems to have flash support, correct? At least at launch.

Well, i was browsing through some N9 videos and came across one that got me wondering:

Look at video "9- Nokia N9 – Browser + Add Bookmarks to Apps" on this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...qYGZIF9M#at=42

At 0:41, notice that green ad on the right for Qliq (i attached a screenshot of the frame in question), right above the "FA on Facebook" black bar. Seems innocent enough but it got me wondering because those ads are flash. I went to the fonearena link the video was testing and on that exact space on the website, there is a flash ad space. Go test it yourselves:

fonearena.com/blog

And compare to the video.

For all its worth, the browser might convert flash to a still shot, make some magic trick instead of placing a "no flash" bitmap where flash should appear, but what i see is a full web page with no empty space.

Any thoughts or theories?
No Flash. If you see anything that looks like Flash, then it's HTML5. I believe that some (most?) ads are intelligent enough to show an HTML version if Flash is not available, and have seen it at least once.

The Following User Says Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
That's pretty brilliant, press and hold a X mark shown in task manager and drag it over to the app to close it immediately upon releasing it. Kinda like where THC's sense can unlock the screen by dragging the unlock icon to a field or an app (where in this case, you immediately open up that app).

The task manager shows your last used apps firstly thus reagganging on the go. So probably a no for rearranging in task manager.

On a side note, I heard some speculation about a closed down UI is that true? would be bad for modding. I'd hate to jailbreak something that is named Maemo6/Harmattan, sacrilege!
There is nothing to jailbreak, you can of course replace all the ui packages and applications, you just won't have the source for most of them.

The Following User Says Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
HTML5 is good for interactive content and decent for non-distributed games, but it is not going to be a full Flash replacement anytime soon.
Presumably you've seen http://chrome.angrybirds.com/ - the most impressive HTML5 demo I've seen.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????