Active Topics

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me with reviving my n9. Yesterday when I pulled it out of my pocket the screen didn't show anything. I thought to myself, the battery is probably dead, but when I went home and plugged it in the LED light will not light up. I've tired plugging it in to my computer and the wall nothing happens, the LED lights up and seems to flicker/blink every 2 seconds. I cannot turn it on at all. I've been trying to search for information online but I can't find any. Most of them have a similar problem being stuck in the NOKIA bootup screen, but mine won't even start up at all. I tried to look up the warranty in NOKIA USA website using the IMEI serial number but I couldn't as N9 is not released in the states. I have been to the NOKIA forums but can't find anything like it yet. Tried reflashing but it cannot find my n9 connected. stuck at "suitable USB interface not found. Waiting..."

I have taken care of the phone really well and I have never dropped it.
The product code (from the SIM slot is 059J1Z5)

If anyone can help me or face a similar situation please let me know how you got it to work.

Regards and thanks in advance!

Allen

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
try leaving it plugged longer, if the led flickers then it's charging. Wait for 15-30min to make sure there is power in the battery and then hold the power button till the phone vibrates.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by allenchuang View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me with reviving my n9. Yesterday when I pulled it out of my pocket the screen didn't show anything. I thought to myself, the battery is probably dead, but when I went home and plugged it in the LED light will not light up. I've tired plugging it in to my computer and the wall nothing happens, the LED lights up and seems to flicker/blink every 2 seconds. I cannot turn it on at all. I've been trying to search for information online but I can't find any. Most of them have a similar problem being stuck in the NOKIA bootup screen, but mine won't even start up at all. I tried to look up the warranty in NOKIA USA website using the IMEI serial number but I couldn't as N9 is not released in the states. I have been to the NOKIA forums but can't find anything like it yet. Tried reflashing but it cannot find my n9 connected. stuck at "suitable USB interface not found. Waiting..."

I have taken care of the phone really well and I have never dropped it.
The product code (from the SIM slot is 059J1Z5)

If anyone can help me or face a similar situation please let me know how you got it to work.

Regards and thanks in advance!

Allen
That suxs. I had an issue or have issues when the battery goes dead. The N9 is very picky with chargers it seems and I could only use a specific charger when the battery dies. Also sometimes I noticed that pressing the power button doesn't always turn the phone back on. Try using your pc's USB to charge your phone. Also look-up the forum regarding support for USA Users.

Good Luck.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Short answer, take it to any repair center if not Nokia and see if they use some special charger to charge it up. One of main reason I did not buy this is the batter is not replaceable.

I had similar situation with n900, I even left it overnight to charge up but no good. Took it to a local retailer and asked what could possibly be worng and he asked one of his assistants to take it inside their lab and 5 minutes alter it had some charging, so I am guessing that if the battery drains out beyond certain limit then it needs some kind of jump start using a super charger.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico
i had a similar problem, the screen just showed nokia logo, i connected the charger, pushed power off for reboot, and nothing, i waited a completely day for battery low, i tried to charger again, and it not turned on. i decided to reflash, i think i broken some package when i installed a application from rzr repositories

Posts: 1,348 | Thanked: 1,863 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
sorry for this annoyance, do you remember which apps are guilty ?
anyway you have been warned :-)

https://purl.org/rzr/abandonware

Please help to list all maemo existing apps :

https://github.com/abandonware/aband...ment-578143760

https://wiki.maemo.org/Apps#

I am looking for " 4 inch TFT LCD display screen " for Nokia n950 HandSet

http://rzr.online.fr/q/lcd

Also, I need online storage to archive files :

http://db.tt/gn5Qffd6#

https://my.pcloud.com/#page=register...e=g8ikZmcfEJy#

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dunfermline, Scotland
you could always try phoenix software and try a dead phone USB flash. The N9 firmware is up on Navifirm. Not the usual route for a reflash, but may yield results.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
You should never try reflashing on battery empty situation as it can lead to brick. But instead you can try "sudo ./flasher -i" and leave the device charging in the cable for hour or two (white led shows but it doesnt try to boot up). And then do "sudo ./flasher -R" to boot the device up.

If the battery is totally empty the booting process eats more energy than it can charge, so you end up in rebootloop, but if you change your phone in a mode where it isn't trying to boot up (like flasher -i), then its able to charge enough power.

Hold the power button for exactly 35 seconds and then you should feel the vibration as soon as you feel the vibration plug the charger in.

Originally Posted by philheaton View Post
you could always try phoenix software and try a dead phone USB flash. The N9 firmware is up on Navifirm. Not the usual route for a reflash, but may yield results.
How is phoenix software different from the normal Winflasher? I tried flashing using Winflasher v3.12.1 and it cannot find the phone. "Suitable USB interface not found, waiting..."