Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
I am not sure if I am on the right threat for requests but here I go anyway:
can moonlight be ported to our beloved n900? moonlight/silverlight . There are some threats from 2009/2010 requesting/discussing same but hey we are in 2012 now and thanks to the amazing developers in this community the improvements on our device after 3 or so years is beyond some peoples imagination. I believe this will be a major improvement welcomed by the majority who travel a lot and want to watch tv channels supplied for free for mobile devices over the internet by some entertainment providers.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Uruguay
Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
ok for everyone experiencing problem of NO memory follow as this post says.
I'm not having this exact issue, but i am having something alike and i think it should be easy to solve.

In the past, when i wanted to change my uSD i just took off the cover, slide the card out and then insert a new one or the same one, and for the moment the back cover was again on position the phone would have the "new" card mounted and accessible.

But now, after this last update, card is not remounting so i have to reboot my phone, then it mounts it.
Also i'm seeing a "boot" partittion?... ¿isn't that a little dangerous?
And some times after remount them it shows two "memory card", one is with a (2) on it's name. This is a HUGE issue because the one with the (2) sometimes is the card and sometimes is "boot".
I think is a dangerous step back, not for me but just in the case anyone not too familiar with my phone could play around with it and mess around.

¿How could i solve the not remounting issue?
I have tried the reinstall ke-recv but there is no change on the behavior.
¿Should i extract manually the file from .deb?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to RichardN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
I have a small question. Does cssu fix the play button bug of the Media Player Widget? I still haven't tried CSSU..

Originally Posted by RichardN900 View Post
But now, after this last update, card is not remounting so i have to reboot my phone, then it mounts it.
Also i'm seeing a "boot" partittion?... ¿isn't that a little dangerous?
And some times after remount them it shows two "memory card", one is with a (2) on it's name. This is a HUGE issue because the one with the (2) sometimes is the card and sometimes is "boot".
I think is a dangerous step back, not for me but just in the case anyone not too familiar with my phone could play around with it and mess around.

¿How could i solve the not remounting issue?
I have tried the reinstall ke-recv but there is no change on the behavior.
¿Should i extract manually the file from .deb?

Thanks.
Manually extracting and "installing" ke-recv didn't solved this issue, neither does executing it manually after putting the card back.

¿Anything on this?

The Following User Says Thank You to RichardN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
You can find fixed modest in cssu-devel repo, source code here

Changelog:

Code:
modest (3.90.7-11.1) unstable; urgency=low

* Fixed bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12285.
    Do not delete email from server if "Leave messages on server" is ON
     - forward-port http://gitorious.org/modest/modest/c...4bd26a33081c51
  * Manual send & receive doesn't always retrieve emails
     - https://gitorious.org/modest/modest/...39726febde76ec
  * Use async operation instead of synchronous one for the main thread
     - https://gitorious.org/modest/modest/...614190668a05f5
to enable cssu-devel repo:
using microb go to http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/community-devel/ and click community-devel-fremantle.install. HAM should open, allow him to install the repo.

To upgrade modest (as root in xterm):

apt-get update
apt-get install modest

DO NOT DO apt-get upgrade unless you know what you are doing

WARNING: This is really a devel repo, use it on your own risk . On the other hand anyone willing to risk a reflash and/or data loss could test the new stuff there and report if any bugs are found .
I'v been monitoring modest for tthe past few days after the upgrade following your instructions and I can say that the above problem it is fixed at least for me Thank You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to g0r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RichardN900 View Post
Manually extracting and "installing" ke-recv didn't solved this issue, neither does executing it manually after putting the card back.

¿Anything on this?
I think is time to report it as a bug.

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Jordan
I didnt update cssu from 5 months ago , but yesterday I update it to the latest one , and I read in the changelog :
Added HD/DVD resolutions support
but I didnt see any thing like this when I open the camera , is there any extra that I must do ???

thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to laith.m.y For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by laith.m.y View Post
I didnt update cssu from 5 months ago , but yesterday I update it to the latest one , and I read in the changelog :

but I didnt see any thing like this when I open the camera , is there any extra that I must do ???

thanks in advance
u should install 720p patches as in this thread. follow those steps and then u ll c HD options in camera

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I'd like to propose a feature. When the user clicks on the x in the task switcher, it usually takes some time to kill the task. There could be a dark overlay over the window to signal that a click was registered and that the window is about to close. In high load scenarios it would improve the usability significantly

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Brilliant idea, if doable. Countless of time I was repeatedly hitting this button (under high load), not knowing if my tap was unregistered, OR program is stuck and I'm waiting for hildon "kill-it?" prompt, OR it's just closing, but slowly.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Tags
cssu testing