Notices

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
I was actually referring to the official Android, WebOS, and iPhone apps which do not appear to update very frequently at all.

Didn't realize that the API is closed and that all of the above apps are developed and release by Pandora themselves.

This makes what you've accomplished with pyRadio all the more impressive.
Yeah this has been the biggest hurdle from day 1. See, pandora doesn't actually want people to write their own apps to talk to Pandora. They write their own for the markets they want to hit. So they don't care if anything they change breaks 3rd party applications - in fact that's probably exactly what they try sometimes. They would care if it broke their own.. but I'm sure they've coded in some method to do minor updates to their app without requiring the users to have to download and install new versions.

One of the reasons why I have the button to buy Pandora one and try to advertise for them a little on the main thread article, and won't implement functions such as going backwards, repeating songs, etc - is because I want to keep it as close to the official apps as possible. I don't want Pandora to look at pyRadio, decide it's a problem, and try and shut us down with a C&D or something. If I play nice.. my hope is they'll leave us alone. So far it seems to be working... or the N900 is just so small they don't care.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Any new update for this great application
Hopefully there are still Pyradio support, I love this application and miss it.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Los Angeles
, okay I just read through the last like 30 pages but Idk much about this stuff so I'm a bit confused. And it doesn't help that there's so many versions, links, etc. can anyone tell me if it's still working on n9 and if so help me with how to install? Thanks !

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Los Angeles
PS: I'd easily pay $10 for this app. Can we really not find even 60 people to pay so we can get the developer a n9? Then he'd have to update the app so he could use it I can get him a 64 GB and nfc headset in Thailand from a Nokia store for $600

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
What's going Fatal and everyone! It's been a while man, just getting back on TMO again. I'm falling behind on all the N9 stuff! Still on the N900(but I'm on the hunt for the N9 as we speak) and pyRadio is working fine for me man! I hadn't used in a while because they've got so much repetition and stuff so I have let them go every once in a while. Plus, I've been on a CD buying kick recently. Booted it up and I'm rocking just fine on Edge T-Mo USA. Not so sure what people are talking, the keys you constantly update seem fine for me! Thanks for staying on top of the program for so long! I guess our donations did pretty good. Maybe, I'll throw some more your way!

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

The Following User Says Thank You to The Arsonist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
Any new update for this great application
Hopefully there are still Pyradio support, I love this application and miss it.
Are you having problems with the app? If so, start the app from xterm and post your output.

If you've recently (re)installed the app, you'll need to follow these instructions to correct an SSL/TLS issue. (I've been pretty swamped in RL, so I haven't had a chance to try pushing this update into the repository, but that's definately on my to-do list.)

Looking back through the recent posts, the only person I see who may not have had their issue addressed is ekzwolfe, and those messages don't appear to be from pyRadio itself, so I wouldn't know where to begin. (Sorry.) If anyone else has a problem they want looked at, please post your xterm output (or a link to your post if you already did this).

slimjim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slimjim010 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I used pyRadio yesterday & this morning with no problems.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by slimjim010 View Post
Are you having problems with the app? If so, start the app from xterm and post your output.

If you've recently (re)installed the app, you'll need to follow these instructions to correct an SSL/TLS issue. (I've been pretty swamped in RL, so I haven't had a chance to try pushing this update into the repository, but that's definately on my to-do list.)

Looking back through the recent posts, the only person I see who may not have had their issue addressed is ekzwolfe, and those messages don't appear to be from pyRadio itself, so I wouldn't know where to begin. (Sorry.) If anyone else has a problem they want looked at, please post your xterm output (or a link to your post if you already did this).

slimjim

I followed the instructions without success
I can not access Pandora

In x-terminal I get this code

Before I could access vpn application, because I'm not live in USA but now I can not.
Attached Images

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
After I get that authentication message, I select a station from the list, press the play button, & it works.

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
I have an N810 andI made the changes to pyradio.py and I still can't get pyRadio to work. I am able to log into my account, but, it doesn't work.

The output I get when I run it from the terminal is posted at the following link:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=943

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio