Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Can't we sync contacts via CardDAV and calendar via CalDAV rather than bluetooth? Or are those protocols not supported yet?
Not at this point, it's documented in this FAQ: http://piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.MLba1kXW2/latest

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
TIP for Finnish Jolla users. Might of course work for others as well.

The android comparability layer is so well build, that it can "fool" even banking applications. Osuuspankki Pivo-lompakko and their OP-Mobiili both work on Jolla device. I once tried this with Bluestacks and that didn't work. But as said this does in Jolla. I didn't want to draw the APK's from any site or unofficial store because of being afraid of risking some really sensitive information. So i installed the applications on my Android phone from Play store and then draw the APK from it to my computer and then transfered it to my Jolla. This method that has already pointed out works like a charm on this as well and you can be sure that the APK has nothing "added".

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
TI didn't want to draw the APK's from any site or unofficial store because of being afraid of risking some really sensitive information. So i installed the applications on my Android phone from Play store and then draw the APK from it to my computer and then transfered it to my Jolla. This method that has already pointed out works like a charm on this as well and you can be sure that the APK has nothing "added".
Yes that works, if you trust Play store and Google. Do you?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Now the question is who to trust more? Google or Yandex?
Google accepts anything into its Play Store and only pulls stuff if it gets reported. Yandex OTOH virus-checks everything before it enters the store.
Yandex is a russian company that is seeking to get recognized globally. Google OTOH is probably NSA's no. 1 source of information.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Now the question is who to trust more? Google or Yandex?
Google accepts anything into its Play Store and only pulls stuff if it gets reported. Yandex OTOH virus-checks everything before it enters the store.
Yandex is a russian company that is seeking to get recognized globally. Google OTOH is probably NSA's no. 1 source of information.
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Excellent points! This time I was referring only to the idea of getting the APK as directly as possible from the developer.

In general what actually do people think as the best source of APK's? Yandex the number one to go?

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Excellent points! This time I was referring only to the idea of getting the APK as directly as possible from the developer.

In general what actually do people think as the best source of APK's? Yandex the number one to go?
I have now Yandex, Amazon, F-droid and Aptoide installed.

Amazon stopped working for some reason after installing an application through it and only shows blank page upon launch...

Aptoide seems to have best selection of apps from remaining three. (Even offers to updates to some apps installed through other stores)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jpel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Some tutorial videos available at Jollas Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jollaofficial/videos

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Z3tor For This Useful Post:
Hey guys!

I have been using this phone for quite a bit today, mainly trying to learn its secrets and whatnot. I have also spent quite a while in android appstores yandex and 1mobile market.

I noticed that most of apps I downloaded from 1mobile market, don't work on jolla. Even tough they were featured and most downloaded apps (games mostly).

Firefox works beautifully even supports landscape, so I'm going to use that as a default browser until the we get an update for the native browser

most games don't work at all and some apps work just and just. as an example Whatsapp doesn't show any names in the contacts, just phonenumbers and push notifications dont work either. Only when it's open, the lockscreen gets an icon when receiving a msg, but it still doesn't notificate by sound or vibration. Anyone else got this problem?

Other than that I've been stunned at how great this phone works even tough it's their first and just out.

wanted to add here that I just downloaded ooklas speedtest app. from 1mobile and it gives following figures from 3g ping 42ms dload 20.04 uload 2.29

operator says max 21mbit/s so I'm more than satisfied how Jphone handles

Last edited by Naamakauhu; 2013-11-29 at 18:02.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Naamakauhu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Naamakauhu View Post
most games don't work at all and some apps work just and just.
What games have you tried? There's a video of Angry Birds and Minion Rush working without problems.

Originally Posted by Bubbless View Post
What games have you tried? There's a video of Angry Birds and Minion Rush working without problems.
I had quite a bunch: asphalt 8, despicable me (I believe thats the minion rush), the mansion: a puzzle remains, ducktales: scrooges loot, redline rush. These atleast and I didn't get even one of them to work for some reason. As soon as I started them they just close themselves or report an error "application has to close etc."

Angry birds, fruit ninja and drag racing do work so I am kind of confused as to why?

ok edited

I uninstalled the 1mobile appstore and switched to amazon, so far CSR racing game and minion rush works, so it might have something to do with the 1mobile appstore. Have to uninstall whatsapp and download it again from amazon to see if it works fully that way. So if anyone else is having problems with android games or apps not working, try downloading it from a different store. Don't know how thats any different, one would think its the same apk. file but guess not.

Last edited by Naamakauhu; 2013-11-29 at 19:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Naamakauhu For This Useful Post: