Active Topics

Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
I'm curious, wouldn't it be even more effective to put these debug marker in permanently into the release version and only activate them with a command line option (e.g. -debug)? All of us could try, then, whenever we come across a more "stubborn" audio book.
Yupp, makes sense.
I've added some stuff, including an option for more verbose debugging, and pushed 0.0-5 to openrepos:

Changes:
- bugfix: speed often resets to 100% as track switches
- new option (experimental): control with head set buttons (call/hangup = play/pause)
- new option: periodically save current progress
- new option: verbose logging
- new option: sort naturally when scanning files
- options are saved when leaving options page (previously only on clean app exit)

To see the log, open Talefish from Terminal, or to save it to a file, run
Code:
Talefish &>talefish.log

It would be great if someone owning a headset with real control buttons (I've only got one call/hangup button) could confirm it's actually working – same goes for bluetooth control, I've got a feeling that it could be basically the same.

Edit: Word has it that play/pause and next/previous track seem to work rudimentary via Bluetooth, yay! Have fun, car people!

Edit2: I've broken end-of-track handling, build removed from openrepos, please wait for next update. Got to sleep. Sorry!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Last edited by velox; 2017-01-07 at 00:53. Reason: build removed!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Any chance to see translations?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Yupp, makes sense.
I've added some stuff, including an option for more verbose debugging, and pushed 0.0-5 to openrepos:
Wow, you truly are amazing, velox!!! Grin, new fixes and features keep arriving more quickly than I could possibly test them.

Indeed, the play/pause functionality would be brilliant in my car!!! Whenever there is a traffic announcement, the car radio just sends a pause signal to the bluetooth device which regularly confused the N900 and now the SFOS/Nexus5 as well. That's why I disabled the traffic announcements (which once in a while could be handy).

So, consider yourself verbally padded on the shoulder. Good job! Kudos!!!

Last edited by dubliner; 2017-01-07 at 22:16. Reason: Typo

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Any chance to see translations?
I'll be able to make a free transifex project after opening up the code. This is now the next thing on my list if no new deal breaking bugs occur. Thanks for asking! Also I somehow managed to configure QtCreator in a way that regularly breaks my german test translation in this project.

Wow, you truly are amazing, velox!!! Grin, new fixes and feature keep arriving more quickly than I could possibly test them.

Indeed, the play/pause functionality would be brilliant in my car!!! Whenever there is a traffic announcement, the car radio just sends a pause signal to the bluetooth device which regularly confused the N900 and now the SFOS/Nexus5 as well. That's why I disabled the traffic announcements (which once in a while could be handy).

So, consider yourself verbally padded on the shoulder. Good job! Kudos!!!
Well, those features would have been great if I hadn't broken basic playlist handling with the release. Thanks, though – it's nice words like that make me do it.

The good news: After a few hours of cursing I may have found a way to address the playback speed bug without breaking everything else.

So I've now pushed the bugfix build 0.0-6 to openrepos, so the features from the last release are available again:

Changes:
- bugfix: fix playback bug introduced in 0.0-5 while trying to fix speed issue
- bugfix: more sane speed reset workaround
- bugfix: skipping by time pauses playback when it switches to previous track
- add missing german translation strings
___

Last edited by velox; 2017-01-07 at 15:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Ok, you people asked for it…

Since no one but me cares what a mess that code is, I can not really justify keeping it closed: Talefish is now open source! (And if someone does care, they can help to fix it – even better. )

Feel free to send pull requests on https://github.com/jgibbon/Talefish.

A Transifex page to help our great translation community is available at https://www.transifex.com/velocode/talefish
(but sending translations via pull request is awesome as well!)

Enjoy!
___

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
It's very nice to see TALEFISH moving forward! thank u @velox

The Following User Says Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Talefish is now open source!
Wow, all that work in a day! That has been really impressive, velox! Kudos, again. :-)

Apologies, I ended up not testing the Bluetooth pause/play buttons today, since I didn't use my car.

I've just been thinking. Wouldn't it be good to have an option to remove files from the playlist, or generally just flushing the entire list? I know, this can be achieved by removing ~/.local/share/Talefish. I was just thinking of a GUI alternative.

Background scenario: I kept enqueuing files to last me all week (at least). But then I remembered there will be now podcast episodes out which I may need to listen to with a "higher priority".

But let me just stress that this is not pressing. You really ought to enjoy your weekend. After all, you've earned it. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Only half a day after releasing the source and already there are people contributing translations!
A huge thank you to the translators!
(Next release will have an "About" page where you'll be listed: If you guys want your real names on it, let me know, otherwise i'll include user names by default.)

Wow, all that work in a day! That has been really impressive, velox! Kudos, again. :-)

Apologies, I ended up not testing the Bluetooth pause/play buttons today, since I didn't use my car.
Really impressive was my dearest who put up with my debugging session instead of me spending time with her.
Also, no worries, I appreciate people not using their car if they don't have to!

I've just been thinking. Wouldn't it be good to have an option to remove files from the playlist, or generally just flushing the entire list? I know, this can be achieved by removing ~/.local/share/Talefish. I was just thinking of a GUI alternative.

Background scenario: I kept enqueuing files to last me all week (at least). But then I remembered there will be now podcast episodes out which I may need to listen to with a "higher priority".

But let me just stress that this is not pressing. You really ought to enjoy your weekend. After all, you've earned it. :-)
I don't think a "clear playlist" option is something I'd like to include – after all, you can easily open a new directory instead of enqueuing to clear the previous list. Removing single tracks might be useful, but…with the current playlist implementation, this will break saved directory progress like enqueuing files does, but will not be as easy to work around. (So this wont be implemented soon, if ever.)
___

Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Russian is ready, but it shows 5 untranslated strings which I can't see

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Russian is ready, but it shows 5 untranslated strings which I can't see
Wow, Transifex doesn't quite get the strings with singular and plural output. I've found the solution somewhere else:
Transifex Agent
Hi Stefan,

Looks like we have a small issue with the ts file parser. We will look into it.

As a workaround for now, you can add an entra numerusform tag, like the example bellow, and it should work fine.

<translation type="unfinished"> <numerusform/> <numerusform/> </translation>
Thanks,
I had to reimport the english version with the mentioned workaround, now they seem to be available. (But it removes those strings every time I reupload so it will break every time there are new strings. Not nice.)

Thanks for your work!

[edit]Perhaps it does not really work. I might have to remove the transifex project and rely on people using github… [/edit]
___

Last edited by velox; 2017-01-08 at 20:34.

Tags
audiobook, player, sailfish