Notices

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
you should relocate to /usr/local/.. and ensure ordinairy user have rights i guess
Mhmm, as mentioned I'm an absolute novice so I don't get it why this should help.

To what I know, write access to /usr/local is only possible by root by default. Changing this would also require root privileges. So I would end up setting SUID - which I'm not allowed for Jolla Harbour. In addition for Harbour the directory structure is pretty much strict and bans /usr/local as far as I understand it. And even if I said I'll only publish on OpenRepos from now and ignore the Harbour rules, it would be quite of a hack which I don't like to do... If I missed anything or simply don't know crucial details, please let me know. I'm willing to learn.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ygriega For This Useful Post:
Posts: 375 | Thanked: 945 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
As the Developer Regatta isn't over yet, and I would like to see more applications for fremantle/harmattan, now is the chance to try out the QtSDK for windows with device emulator.
So also people can write some application without a hardware. I know this will never happen. However hope is the last to die.

Here the link.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Application submission: Bootyhunter
Project Name: Bootyhunter
Author: tadzik (me!)
Brief description: A Geocaching application for SailfishOS
Category: Something new
Features/work to be judged: The whole application
Package name and where to find the app/repository: Bootyhunter: https://openrepos.net/content/tadzik/bootyhunter; harbour QA in progress
talk.maemo.org thread: https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...84#post1522184

Screenshots:

Question: should I add it to the Coding Competition wiki myself, or is that not for me to do?

Last edited by tadzik; 2017-01-18 at 14:01.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tadzik For This Useful Post:
Project Name: DartsScore
Author: rgrnetalk
Brief description: DartsScore let you keep track of your score when you are playing darts
Category: something new (although small parts are used from the Ubuntu morsesender app from Robert Ancell, thanks)
Screenshot(s): (see attachements
Features/work to be judged: the whole application
Package name and where to find the app/repository: currently in development, still some small bugs
talk.maemo.org thread(if exists): not available
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rgrnetalk For This Useful Post:
I updated my Fast chess app for the Regatta. The app is available in Open Repos and hopefully soon in Harbour also.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rikujolla For This Useful Post: