Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Loving the theme D-Iivil.

I have a suggestion. It does involve more work on your part but from looking at the quality releases of yours to date I believe you are up to the task.
Would it be possible to add another user selection to the installation process where the user chooses an icon group?
I really like some of the custom icons e.g. the icons used by humanity, blue sky themes etc, but then I love your (black/blue) plastic theme. Can I have it all? Am I asking too much?
Can it be done?

Can I have the custom transition.ini file or the location of the same on the device? On my N900 the default transition.ini file is not replaced when the theme is applied/device rebooted.

this is my favorite theme from you! great theme ! plus the icons from d4rklar makes it even better!

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by acvetkov View Post
Can I have the custom transition.ini file or the location of the same on the device? On my N900 the default transition.ini file is not replaced when the theme is applied/device rebooted.
You can add it manualy.

Just copy it from /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir

using the command:

cp /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/transitions.ini /home/user/MyDocs

then add it to custom transition folder /usr/share/hildon-desktop

cp /home/user/MyDocs/transitions.ini /usr/share/hildon-desktop

Type this commands using root privileges.

Important!: Backup your original transitions.ini file from /usr/share/hildon-desktop first!

The Following User Says Thank You to puiradu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
There is green scheme coming up in next release.
Neon green ?

Awesome themes btw, am now torn between the orange version and the iStyle lightphone Green , absolute dilemna really

There's something about the contrast you've introduced with this theme that really makes the screen look brighter and crisper than my default 2 bars usually shows.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Noup. Tried to look into merging it with the theme, but my knowledge wasn't enough

But you can download the zenity deb here and keep it safe if you need to install it without internet connection:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...free/z/zenity/
i tried to intall it but the App.Manager says "incompatible package"

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by baboo View Post
i tried to intall it but the App.Manager says "incompatible package"
Did you downoad the one that ends with armel.deb? That's the one you should download.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Posts: 532 | Thanked: 949 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Uk for 6months then Thailand
Just luv it.. fantastic!!! So simple and easy to use, no messing around three clicks and your off.

Its the best thought out and put together theme I've used on this wonderful bit of kit.... Hope to see and use more of your themes.

Regards Qosmio

http://s1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/q0smio/

N900 x 2 Overclocked at 900 Mhz.
Samsung Galaxy S 2
iPhone 4 (Jailbroken)

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Whoa! Thanks for all who have voted. Never seen a "vote storm" like this before :-P

And for those who have devel -repo enabled: I just uploaded a version 2.002 where I have made following changes:
- setup dialog is not shown on install (because some people like to install stuff from command line and may not be near the touchscreen). Setup can be launched from settings just like before
- selecting another color scheme no longer revert your theme to Nseries, it just restarts the hildon-desktop, hildon-home and hildon-status-menu (so no longer need to go and re-select the Black Plastic Theme to use)
- pressing "cancell" at any point of setup wizard will actually cancell the whole wizard instead of just current dialog
- added two new schemes; green and red

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Last edited by d-iivil; 2010-07-01 at 08:19.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
********** RED ****************

yesssssssssss!

EDIT: wow, I tried it.. youve changed the text to red too! nice !!

I updated and I had to select the theme still, but thats okay

Last edited by F2thaK; 2010-07-01 at 08:29.