Active Topics

Just received my receiver. Same one as rainistos. Used a bit of sandpaper to remove some plastic from backcover to make it thinner. Fully assembled with hot glue (gun broke so had to heat it up with soldering iron.. That's why it's so black), so easy to remove if needed and nothing visually changed from the outside.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JjyKs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Anyone know if this could be used with the Jollas The Other Half?
"For any device that is Qi-wireless charging capable"
If you add Qi compatible receiver to TOH, then it is...

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
"For any device that is Qi-wireless charging capable"
If you add Qi compatible receiver to TOH, then it is...
Yes, and what I wondered was that one of the perks is an receiver for Samsung galaxy s4. Shouldn't that be compatible? Didn't see any output voltages though

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Regarding that Kickstarter ARK product... I'm left speechless that it is not possible to charge the ARK battery itself using a wireless charger - that seems really really dumb! It seems some people will back any old sh1t.

Didn't Nokia announce (not sure if they're shipping) a mobile wireless charging solution (aka battery in a box) that could also be charged wirelessly? Ah yes, Nokia DC-50. The Nokia is Qi compatible, and does everything already that the ARK should be doing, which makes me wonder why ARK think they are unique? The only negative for the Nokia is the rather small capacity battery.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I just received my two sets of Touchstone charger pads and receivers. Installed one receiver to my white and other to my poppy red other half.

However, I have problems. First - every second or two I am receiving charging notifications and it is very annoing.

Second issue is that while charging either charger or receiver is making quiet, but still clearly audiable electrical whining noise. Is it normal?

These issues I have with my both sets of receivers / chargers. I am using 1A charger connected to the Touchstone pad. Any suggestions?

EDITED:
Checked with CSD tool and it is not charging. It just circulates between "Full" and "Discharging". However, battery level is only at 21%.

EDITED2: Somehow problems just solved by themselves. No noise and it is charging now properly. Do not know, what the issue was.

Last edited by Silwer; 2014-01-22 at 21:32.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I had that too, turned out the pins on the back didn't make good contact with the wireless charger.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
If you want to check voltage from your wireless charger input
it can be found from sysfs, Result is in µV

e.g. Result:4968042 Raw:33138 = 4.97V

cat /sys/devices/platform/msm_ssbi.0/pm8038-core/pm8xxx-adc/dcin

USB input voltage
cat /sys/devices/platform/msm_ssbi.0/pm8038-core/pm8xxx-adc/usbin

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Hey,

today i have received my jolla and had also tried to make a wireless charging TOH with a Palm Touchstone.

I have used a flat band wire to connect to the contacts. I flattend it with pliers and fixed it with superglue.
I had problems with the original USB cable, the jolla wasn't getting enough power. I changed it for the one of the N9 and it works fine.

Pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barcoder/12122581495/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barcoder/12122871913/

The Following User Says Thank You to baracoder For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Ok, I make own.
Bought this on eBay.

Polarity is easy exchanged by shift power strip (on naked receiver).
No need to make crossing as made @Wonko.
The spacing between contacts is reduced by cut with scissors.

When charger pad is powered by standard Jolla 1A power adapter, phone is charged by 550-600mA in good position on charger pad.
But on charger pad is info: Input 5V 2A, Output 5V 1A ..

And result in more images.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kaacz; 2014-02-26 at 19:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:
/\ result link not working