Hi i am trying to stream my uni lectures which are .rtsp files (a realplayer format) however it is not compatible with k/kmplayer or mediaplayer alike. HOWEVER i was wondering if i could somehow compile a realplayer.deb file from linux and install it on the n900? any ideas on how to do this? Any help would be appreciated especially as im very new to all this

thanks
ish

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
erm, i'm by no means an expert but i'm pretty sure mplayer will play rtsp files
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

yep i confirm it! mplayer + kmplayer + extra decoders RULE

The Following User Says Thank You to zylor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
erm, i'm by no means an expert but i'm pretty sure mplayer will play rtsp files
Yeah ive got km player and the extra decoder pack, and they do play most things, but when it comes to Rtsp:// streams they don't always work

ive tried installing easy debian then trying to install the packages for realplayer for that (then run it from inside debian) but that unfortunately doesnt recognise the file type (saying open with and giving nothing to select)

ive been recommended to try Vlc player aswell, will try that tonight and see if that works hopefully.

any other ideas to what to do?

thanks
ish