Originally Posted by jorjino View Post
1. Try reflash via Nokia Updating Software - part of OVI Suite.
I wish it could be this easy... but apparently the updating software doesn't detect my device if i keep the key "U" pressed... Or else, if i don't, my N900 will just keep rebooting over and over again without letting me access anything

Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
I wish it could be this easy... but apparently the updating software doesn't detect my device if i keep the key "U" pressed... Or else, if i don't, my N900 will just keep rebooting over and over again without letting me access anything
I don't know if you you need to press u while booting but, have you tried to connect your N900 via USB in PC Suite mode?

Have you tried to update through the app manager?

I missed the 64 bit part too

Can you install win XP in your old PC?

The Following User Says Thank You to akaSM For This Useful Post:
I cannot go pass the white Nokia logo at boot... I have 0% access to the OS. So loading it up USB/PC Suite Mode is impossible... Every time I turn the device on, it will reboot after about 3-4 second, for at least 10 times, until the "Malfunction" error msg appears, and shut the device down.

I guess I will have to reformat and install WinXP on my old PC... although that will take quite a while I will have to leave for tomorrow morning, as it is 3am here and my mind is starting to be less and less active...lol

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by akaSM View Post
I don't know if you you need to press u while booting but, have you tried to connect your N900 via USB in PC Suite mode?

Have you tried to update through the app manager?

I missed the 64 bit part too

Can you install win XP in your old PC?
the problem with win 7 64bit is that the reflash mode drivers can not be installed. some report that it works but I haven't manage to get them working....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
I know that using Win7 64's own command prompt, nothing at all happens. I tried all my usb ports, reboots, and disable digital driver signing, but it has never detected my N900.

Using the Virtual WinXP though, i was able to detect it every time at the first time... but the flasher likes to kick me out right away saying "rebooting in flash mode" then it will never detect it again

So is Kubuntu unable to install the flasher? I thought it would be similar to Ubuntu, being Debian-Based... I was recommended to experiment linux via Kubuntu since it is fairly similar to Windows

Last edited by IsaacDFP; 2010-07-23 at 07:02.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
I think that in Kubintu you should use file with .tgz extension.
In live cd Ubuntu 10.04 it is more than easy - tap 2 times onto file and you install it.
Use live cd ububtu.
Regards.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
Could somebody copy the wiki to this topic? The wiki doesn't work today for me :-(

Ok, so I've just finished installing WinXP Pro on my old machine, but I am still getting the same results! This is what i'm typing:
1) cd "%ProgramFiles%\maemo\flasher-3.5"
2) flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

And this is what I am getting:
"RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM: %m"

Isn't that the way that I am suppose to do it? That is the fiasco image right? That you are suppose to flash first? I even tried without the -R at the end, and still the same result, i don't know what %m means, please help...i miss my n900

Nevermind I got it going now! I found online that people were showing the same error when they were forgetting to write the extension .bin at the end (which wasn't my case) so I assume it was some sort of formatting issue. I had my file called (PR.1.2) at the end, i rename the file, removing those parenthesis, and it is now flashing
i am so happy, even though i lost all my applications, at least I will have a "brand new" n900, lol.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
Well Guys, I am able to flash the fiasco image. But when trying to do with the eMMC, N900 keeps on restarting again and again while the flasher is still waiting to find a USB device connected.
I tried many times but no use. I even removed the battery, then done again, and still it creates a problem. Therefore I need some help on how to flash the eMMC.