Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hiya,

I've given you to Transifex upload permissions on the newly created "Simple Brightness Applet" project. I'm hopeless with Git, Transifex and the rest of it so please let me know if you run into problems or if I could do anything better. On the plus side, there's only three strings to translate. Thanks.

(You'd also be better off by uploading your own po file; a quick pot can be found here: https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/ggi...27254c;hb=HEAD)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-03-22 at 18:41.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Hiya,

I've given you to Transifex upload permissions on the newly created "Simple Brightness Applet" project. I'm hopeless with Git, Transifex and the rest of it so please let me know if you run into problems or if I could do anything better. On the plus side, there's only three strings to translate. Thanks.

(You'd also be better off by uploading your own po file; a quick pot can be found here: https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/ggi...27254c;hb=HEAD)
Hi,
the transifex online editor seems to have some issues with encoding cyrillic characters, so I had to download,edit and upload the file. But thats OK, as this is the way I work when it comes to bigger files.

Thank you very much for the efforts. I'm looking forward for the updated version

The Following User Says Thank You to todor_tsankov For This Useful Post:
UPDATE 2010-05-10
As everybody seems to wait already for the latest and greatest update for N900 - the mysterious PR1.2 firmware release, I've decided to finally get prepared for that. Kudos again to firstsan, who merged the changes from the upcoming release to the currently localized files. As of version r1433 of the package, the Bulgarian localization should be PR1.2 compatible (I'm not quite sure that it will be backward compatible with PR1.1.1 though) and fully translated.
Another news related to the PR1.2 release is that this bug is marked as resolved in that firmware release. This means that we'll be able to ship quite smaller localization package, compared to the current one which includes one additional big localization related file, needed to workaround the problem.

And now - just to tease you a little bit and make a big speculation - during the translation of the newly added strings that should be used in the apps in PR1.2 there was this one:

"New MMS"

... Having said that - happy waiting for the new firmware!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to todor_tsankov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by todor_tsankov View Post
And now - just to tease you a little bit and make a big speculation - during the translation of the newly added strings that should be used in the apps in PR1.2 there was this one:

"New MMS"

... Having said that - happy waiting for the new firmware!
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=215

The leaked PR 1.2 doesn't appear to have any MMS support built in, however. Maybe they added it in for frals to gettext() in fMMS

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=215

The leaked PR 1.2 doesn't appear to have any MMS support built in, however. Maybe they added it in for frals to gettext() in fMMS
As I read somewhere that frals was working very closely with Nokia guys to bring fMMS to this stable state, I agree that this may be the case

P.S. I quite on purpose didn't wrote anything like "support" - only what I saw with my eyes ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to todor_tsankov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belarus
Hello! Say please, how you complied the deb package??? Did you use transifex for translate? Thanks! I am making the belarussian translation)

Last edited by Zmahar; 2012-03-19 at 12:41.

Originally Posted by Zmahar View Post
Hello! Say please, how you comblied the deb package??? Did you use transifex for translate? Thanks! I am making the belarussian translation)
Hi, Zmahar,
indeed initially I used to package the .deb file myself, but later much of these localization projects were united under one in transifex and the packages started to be build/updated automatically. That way we were able to focus on the translation.
You can go an check it at:

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p...-translations/

You just need your language to be added to the project initially.

Good luck!

Hi, Zmahar,
indeed initially I used to package the .deb file myself, but later much of these localization projects were united under one in transifex and the packages started to be build/updated automatically. That way we were able to focus on the translation.
You can go an check it at:

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p...-translations/

You just need your language to be added to the project initially.

Good luck!
Thank you!) As I understand, the package will compile itself?And more, I often have errors to %s . Do you know how to avoid these errors?

Originally Posted by Zmahar View Post
Thank you!) As I understand, the package will compile itself?And more, I often have errors to %s . Do you know how to avoid these errors?
I cannot quite understand your question Zmahar ... can you elaborate?

I cannot quite understand your question Zmahar ... can you elaborate?
I have some errors in Transifex: Sometimes, when i trying to type '%s', there is appears an error: