I have a project coming up, i plan on having multiple concurrently running applications running on a N900 that can automatically post and retrieve information from a CMS. Right now I am thinking about using Microsoft products for the database server (Server 20008, Sharepoint, MS-SQL), mostly because I am familiar with it and I do not know much about database setup and server configuration, and I know how to get Sharepoint up and running.

Cost aside, what other CMS, maybe from the open source community, should I also consider that might be better? Ease of use is important for me, I don't want to spend too much time getting it up and running. Anything better for integrating with the N900? If we were planning on releasing this project to the open source world, what would you prefer to see over a closed/costly Microsoft solution?

Thanks for you input, I appreciate it!

EDIT: The CMS must support blog, forums, file checkin/checkout, wiki, strong security, photos, maybe video if possible. Multiple solutions might be ok as well. I was thinking about using Sharepoint and VisualSVN server.

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-31 at 14:40. Reason: status

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Please create a brainstorm item and read through the links in my signature for help.

You could use any of the OSS based cms systems which got an I/O interface. (some systems use xmpp)

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Consider interfacing with Alfresco, http://www.alfresco.com/.

I think Drupal has a certain level of CMS fucntion, but that's based only a superficial impression.