Active Topics

Unfortunately, there is still no news for the swiss country variants.

If you consider that the Nokia 808 Pure View is not yet on the market, but has already received a firmware update on RDA and the Nokia 800, which came out after our N9, has also just received an update and this within 4 weeks will be available also for the country variants.....

Originally Posted by delmar View Post
Unfortunately, there is still no news for the swiss country variants.

If you consider that the Nokia 808 Pure View is not yet on the market, but has already received a firmware update on RDA and the Nokia 800, which came out after our N9, has also just received an update and this within 4 weeks will be available also for the country variants.....
are you saying we should give up waiting and just update with a diff country code?

got my phone today, flashed it to 1.2 perfection

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by a_petrov303 View Post
are you saying we should give up waiting and just update with a diff country code?
I made it this way... Flashed it with Switzerland firmware to get rid of the slow variant one. Already took way to long for PR 1.1, I don't know what they're thinking. I wonder if it's a problem of Nokia or f.e Swisscom (which are anyways slow in everything). Especially since our variant versions aren't really different to the original one (no provider addons and such stuff, just 1 wallpaper)

I'm also in switzerland and tired to wait! i tried to update with nokia software updater but still no 1.2 .... how many years do we have to wait....

And with my 1.1 a lot of problems appeared (email dont work anymore, the accounts dont work, still asking me password of facebook,twitter,nokia....)

I love this mobile but its becoming really annoying...

guuuuuys, flashing. is. easy.
it just SOUNDS scary.

Is there a step-by-step dummies guide for flashing on a Mac?

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by user_nameless View Post
Is there a step-by-step dummies guide for flashing on a Mac?
I put a step-by-step manual on our website a while ago since I couldn't find any instruction for Mac users:

http://www.allboutn9.info/2012/03/fl...n-mac-osx.html

With this method you shouldn't loose any privat data. But backup of all files, contacts etc is still very recommended. If you have any questions, just ask.

EDIT - The best general help for firmware flashing is this one: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...mware+navifirm

Last edited by almamo; 2012-04-03 at 00:57.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Did the reset now clearing all data and then gonna update i want to start fresh!
Probably a good idea. I simply updated and now my N9 runs worse than ever. Very poor performance overall, especially email and twitter. Guess I'll need to wipe and start fresh..

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Probably a good idea. I simply updated and now my N9 runs worse than ever. Very poor performance overall, especially email and twitter. Guess I'll need to wipe and start fresh..
Reflash it.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post: