Active Topics

So, I tried updating Sophie Cam, but I got a botched update. Apparently, I can't install the new version, because there's an old version of the .deb (presumably corrupted file) in /var/cache/apt/archives/partial/

Now, I am still a noob when it comes to Linux commands. -_- Tried deleting it with Filebox, but to no avail. Is there any terminal command that will allow me to delete file?

Tried using WinSCP to delete it, but it still won't let me.

Last edited by lifeintheblitz; 2012-07-30 at 01:35.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
as root:
rm -R /var/cahce/apt/archives/partial/FILE_NAME

Omg i love you. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Ok a little update. I still cannot update Sophie Cam, despite me deleting a rogue file in /var/cache/apt/archives/partial/

When I run dpkg --list, sophiecammeego is still on that list. I tried removing it with apt-get autoremove sophiecammeego. Process didn't give me any errors, so I figured it worked. Also did apt-get update, then I rebooted my device. Now, when I run dpkg --list again, sophiecammeego is still there. -_-

I noticed that before the actual name of the package, there's an "ii" in the first column. For the package "sophiecammeego", it's "rc". What exactly does "rc" mean? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Basically, I want to remove all remnants of Sophie Cam on my N9, so I can download and install a new version.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
as root:
apt-get remove sophiecam*
apt-get autoremove

you can now install it...

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
ii means installed. rc means removed. You can try completely purging the package by dpkg -P <packagename> as root.