Active Topics

Not sure if this is of any help to you guys http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility/c...ivity-api.html

I was thinking what if you had a tag on your PC and a Bluetooth dongle, if you could encode the tag to activate BT on the phone and run a script to read the URL of the webpage viewed on the handset... We could send that URL to the PC in a "touch-to-share" manner?

This idea (if made possible) could easily be used on ANY PC type no matter what format or age.

It's ust an Idea mind, but would be cool.

My tags arrived! It sounds silly but currently it's easier to set up a bluetooth pairing than simply toggling bluetooth on and off (easy to turn on with the N9 but not so easy to keep it on without pairing to something...).

For the time being I used NFC Tag Writer to set up pairing with my non-NFC hands-free for the car. With this setup a second tap on the tag unpairs the hands-free but doesn't turn off the bluetooth, so this is a work in progress...

OK, I've had a chance to fiddle with this for a while. All that we want to do is possible but it needs someone with a bit of coding experience (not me) to sort out some details. The easy way within the NDEF standard to autostart an application is with a URI with a 'file://' prefix. To toggle bluetooth on/off if ToggleBT is installed should be easy..... If someone knows how to modify ext:nokia.com:bt so it doesn't shut off BT after a few seconds without an active pairing it's even easier...

Unfortunately there might be a glitch in the N9's handling of URI as it doesn't recognize 'file://' as in the NDEF standard. The hex form '0x1D' is recognized but without adding the application to the NDEF handler (http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility/q...ldmanager.html)it assumes it should be opened as a web document. NFCInteractor got added to the NDEF handler on installation so it's possible for someone who knows what they're doing - i.e. not me.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhitP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
OK, I've had a chance to fiddle with this for a while. All that we want to do is possible but it needs someone with a bit of coding experience (not me) to sort out some details. The easy way within the NDEF standard to autostart an application is with a URI with a 'file://' prefix. To toggle bluetooth on/off if ToggleBT is installed should be easy..... If someone knows how to modify ext:nokia.com:bt so it doesn't shut off BT after a few seconds without an active pairing it's even easier...

Unfortunately there might be a glitch in the N9's handling of URI as it doesn't recognize 'file://' as in the NDEF standard. The hex form '0x1D' is recognized but without adding the application to the NDEF handler (http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility/q...ldmanager.html)it assumes it should be opened as a web document. NFCInteractor got added to the NDEF handler on installation so it's possible for someone who knows what they're doing - i.e. not me.....
Any further progress? I bought few Mifare tags as well, currently I can only open web page, send sms or call someone. (Or launch nfcInteractor app). I got NFC religion after purchasing Nokia Play (not cared about nfc at the time) and see it working and also thanks to Sony Experia demo.
Currently ProfileMatic seems like most promising.

Originally Posted by Ckris View Post
Any further progress? I bought few Mifare tags as well, currently I can only open web page, send sms or call someone. (Or launch nfcInteractor app). I got NFC religion after purchasing Nokia Play (not cared about nfc at the time) and see it working and also thanks to Sony Experia demo.
Currently ProfileMatic seems like most promising.
I think you must have posted about 5 minutes after me!

Unfortunately in that time I noticed that the 0x1D wasn't working either. All the URI's append http:// if it's not already there in the tag

What we really need is some expertise from the person behind nfcInteractor as he obviously does know what he's doing!
Ideally we need a small utility to link an installed application (and service if possible) to a custom ext: tag in the NDEF handler.

I think you must have posted about 5 minutes after me!
Yes, you are right, silly me.

Unfortunately in that time I noticed that the 0x1D wasn't working either. All the URI's append http:// if it's not already there in the tag

What we really need is some expertise from the person behind nfcInteractor as he obviously does know what he's doing!
Ideally we need a small utility to link an installed application (and service if possible) to a custom ext: tag in the NDEF handler.
Ok, lets hope.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA

For the time being I used NFC Tag Writer to set up pairing with my non-NFC hands-free for the car. With this setup a second tap on the tag unpairs the hands-free but doesn't turn off the bluetooth, so this is a work in progress...
ya, i am experiencing the same thing. I will see if i can find a way to turn off the Bluetooth after unpairing. Maybe an application that listens to same ndef commands that is issued when unpairing. Is there anyone who can confirm Bluetooth can be turned off through the qt mobility APIs?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
ya, i am experiencing the same thing. I will see if i can find a way to turn off the Bluetooth after unpairing. Maybe an application that listens to same ndef commands that is issued when unpairing. Is there anyone who can confirm Bluetooth can be turned off through the qt mobility APIs?
QBluetoothLocalDevice::setHostMode(QBluetoothLocal Device::HostPoweredOff)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Honest to GOD!

What is the point asking when you ignored the dude on the other page!

PROFILEMATIC! It does all this stuff! I have a tag in my car that is set to toggle bluetooth on AND off using PROFILEMATIC!

Its in the Nokia Store, stop doing such awkward methods and use it

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
I dont know, i m doing it to do it.