Active Topics

mscion there's no alien dalvik support (android apps) as that is proprietary software that must be purchased, it is not something that can be included in Jolla's download. Jolla did not write it, they purchase it. Myriad Group is the writer of the android compatability software (alien dalvik).

I like to use navaigation and camera regularly myself. Camera more than navigation. Would be quite annoying hey wait a minute while I reboot my phone into an OS I don't care for so I can take a picture.

I'm sure some day they will get the camera and such working and I'll be able to look in that direction. If there really is a 2015 Jolla perhaps they will have a modem that can at least get 3G over here. I did just recently pick up a used Jolla from a European supporter who developed one item for it but gave up when he moved to the US and couldn't tolerate 2g so another developer down.

A decade or so ago I had a "utility belt", I much prefer the moden smartphone letting me carry just one device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
I have been following the ubuntu touch scene but it doesnt seem like its going anywhere currently.
The first Ubuntu Touch device is coming during this year from BQ.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: