if this is white screen of death, then it means im already screwed up?
:S
if i can fix it i will put it on here..

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Hi, I do not think that your Nokia 770 is already experiencing a WSOD ( White Screen of Death).

Just hoping that it is not , let us try the following steps.

First make sure that you have the latest ' Microsoft .net ' version installed on your PC.

Make a separate Folder for the Nokia 770 on your computer.

Into this folder download the latest Nokia Internet Tablet Software update Wizard.

Also into this very folder download the specific version of the Nokia OS that you wish to install on your Nokia 770.

Connect the Nokia 770 to your Computer , using the Nokia supplied ( one end is regular USB and the other end is mini USB ) USB Cable.

From the Folder you created before , start the Nokia Internet Tablet Software update Wizard. This will install the Drivers etc required for the Computer to recognize the Nokia 770 ). Once this is done the your computer will tell you that your Hardware is ready to be used.

A few seconds later, hold down the ' Home ' key on the 770 and press the ' Start ' button to turn on the Nokia 770 till you see the USB icon on the right top right of the Screen of the Nokia 770, wait a few seconds and let go of both the buttons.

At this point, the Nokia Internet Tablet Software update Wizard should recognize the Nokia 770 in update mode.

If everything goes right, then, from here you can go on to update the Nokia 770 with the OS you wish to use and you problems should be solved.

Good Luck !

Last edited by Arjun; 2008-12-31 at 18:15.

Tags
770, boot; wtod, nokia