So 192.168.1.1 is your Internet-facing gateway, and presumably does the NAT. Does it have a route for 10.8.0.6 via 192.168.1.152? What are 192.168.1.254 and 10.8.0.2?

I changed the vpn network from 192.168.1.1 to 172.16.1.1. Also specified nat on the vpn server using

Code:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
The vpn connection now works for email/browser but doesnt work for sip. Please follow-up on this post.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Bedfordshire
Hi All,

A noob N900 user here...

I'm getting a different problem with my N900 on Asterisk.

Mine connects to the server fine, I can dial extensions, outside numbers, all OK. I can call the N900 over the sip network.

The problem - no audio either transmitted or received.
I've looked at the settings, can't see anything different to those posted on the forum as working.

I've used an E70, an E65, a N95, and an E71 on the box with no problems.

Any ideas where to start looking?

I've tried runnig with Stun enabled and disabled, which made no difference.

Hi All,

A noob N900 user here...

I'm getting a different problem with my N900 on Asterisk.

Mine connects to the server fine, I can dial extensions, outside numbers, all OK. I can call the N900 over the sip network.

The problem - no audio either transmitted or received.
I've looked at the settings, can't see anything different to those posted on the forum as working.

I've used an E70, an E65, a N95, and an E71 on the box with no problems.

Any ideas where to start looking?

I've tried runnig with Stun enabled and disabled, which made no difference.
Iam getting the exact same thing, i can register and make calls to extensions but i cant send or recive and voices.
Works for all my other computers and ata boxes but not with my n900, any suggestions ?

Hello Ufoeke
I have the same problem too. Did you find any answer for this problem and could you please help me if you solved your problem?
Thank you.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.

I've been reading around to try to find answers but I couldn't, so I'll expose my question here which is where I think fits better:

I would like to connect the N900's SIP client to my home network, so that my fixed line is available when I am at work, but the corporate network of the company I work for only allows access via http/https proxy to the outside world.

I have managed to configure my corporate laptop to use a http tunnel to access a host in my home network from work.

My home network's host listens on port 443 and switches incoming connections to port 22 (via apaches's proxy option/directive), where I can get a command line via ssh server.

On the other hand, my SIP server is in the ISP's network and only works when accessed from my home network.

My doubt is wether it is possible to use this http tunnel (not VPN) to access my home network and then, connect to the SIP server.

Has anyone dealed with this environment before?

Regards.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
Offhand, as a quick guess, you may be able to do it, but set SIP to use TCP instead of UDP.

Good luck,

-Jeff Moe

O.K.
Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.
By the way, I found a package called proxytunnel (the one I use in my laptop at work) in the extras-devel repository, but hadn't been able to install the binaries (seems it has never been compiled successfully).
Or maybe the only option is to try to compile the sources?

Regards.

Originally Posted by pasko View Post
O.K.
Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.
By the way, I found a package called proxytunnel (the one I use in my laptop at work) in the extras-devel repository, but hadn't been able to install the binaries (seems it has never been compiled successfully).
Or maybe the only option is to try to compile the sources?

Regards.
Followup.
I finally found the 'armel' .deb somewhere and installed it flawlessly with dpkg -i XXX

This morning tested it and worked from my N900....

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
Nice Thanks for letting us know.