I like the n900 but what bothers me is the heavyness and bulk feeling of it, I have tmobile and was thinking if theres a way to have two sim cards with same phone number so then I can use one in n900 and then get another light smaller phone when I dotn need the bells and whisltes sometimes of the n900?

no you cannot legally.it is against the law as per FCC

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
you shouldn't have bought it if it's 'bulky' and has 'bells and whistles' you don't use all the time. sometimes it's best to just buy a cheaper phone with less functions.

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Ask your operator. Where I live (Germany) most operators will happily sell you a second card with the same number. You can only use one at a time, though.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai
It is technically possible and there are carriers in some countries that support it and even market it as a feature. (e.g. "Twin" from Etisalat in UAE)

However, if it is considered illegal by the FCC as somedude pointed out then I'm afraid you're SOL.

SkypeIn (http://www.skype.com/allfeatures/onlinenumber/)

This is what I use to have multiple international numbers going to my cell phone. Regardless of which country I'm in or SIM I use.

It also saves me lots of $$ using SkypeOut over WiFi at home or 3G (pre-paid) when out and about.

Last edited by nermaljcat; 2010-04-26 at 05:53.

Originally Posted by nermaljcat View Post
SkypeIn (http://www.skype.com/allfeatures/onlinenumber/)

This is what I use to have multiple international numbers going to my cell phone. Regardless of which country I'm in or SIM I use.

It also saves me lots of $$ using SkypeOut over WiFi at home or 3G (pre-paid) when out and about.
So How will this work then?

Ok I have two phones now the n900 and nokia e71, now I hvae 1 sim card of tmobile with a phone number for alot of years now, and this phone number is important because I hvae my own computer tech businness here in california so all my customers that call me I need whatever phone i have to be able to reach me.

So what tricks/steps I can do to sometimes depending ont he day and such when I want to carry one phone at a time without switching sim card to be reacheable when custoemrs call me. Thanks

Originally Posted by pctek View Post
So How will this work then?

Ok I have two phones now the n900 and nokia e71, now I hvae 1 sim card of tmobile with a phone number for alot of years now, and this phone number is important because I hvae my own computer tech businness here in california so all my customers that call me I need whatever phone i have to be able to reach me.

So what tricks/steps I can do to sometimes depending ont he day and such when I want to carry one phone at a time without switching sim card to be reacheable when custoemrs call me. Thanks
Keep the older number and forward your skype account to that number when you want calls to go to that phone. Any other time, forward them to the other number (not sure if I understand correctly).

You can also receive calls on your computer (ie. with a headset) if you are logged into that skype account.

In Australia, you can transfer your number from one carrier to another... not sure if this applies to your account or not, but it may be worth finding out if you can transfer your old number to skype perhaps ??

If your old phone/SIM supports call forwarding, this may be another option - may cost you though.

Last edited by nermaljcat; 2010-04-26 at 06:13.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Technicly it's possible and part of GSM standard.

At least in Finland all netwokr providers support it and you can have multisim sharing with up to 5 different SIM cards. Your provider will propably charge something extra per SIM card.

Originally Posted by nermaljcat View Post
Keep the older number and forward your skype account to that number when you want calls to go to that phone. Any other time, forward them to the other number.

You can also receive calls on your computer (ie. with a headset) if you are logged into that skype account.

If your old phone/SIM supports call forwarding, this may be another option - may cost you though.
Ok help me with this so both the n900 and e71 or even if i get a milestone or nexus one phone support call forwarding right? Im sure I saw those options in the settings.

So is it my sim card or my account plan that has to have call forwarding?

Ok if i create a skype number its going to be a random number notht e same phone number i currently have right?