Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by stone17 View Post
EM radiation covers anything from x-rays to FM used for radio stations.
I'm sorry!
Point taken, I wasn't correct enough for this. I edited my post to clarify.
Thanks for pointing out the mistake!

anyone interested in an updated list of most of the world phones us sar levels and a chart that compares them it can be seen
at http://cellphones-radiation-ratings.com

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nu1st Street, Iron Triange, Richmond, CA
The evidence is mounting up, mobile phones have some cancer correlation.
@martycollinsesq

The Following User Says Thank You to martycollinsesq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I take it you're referring to this:

Lyon, France, May 31, 2011 ‐‐ The WHO/International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has
classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as possibly carcinogenic to humans (Group 2B),
based on an increased risk for glioma, a malignant type of brain cancer 1 , associated with
wireless phone use.
http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/p...fs/pr208_E.pdf

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I think (for this thread), we need to seperate SAR to 2 issues:
1) SAR level and the impact
2) Exposure to potentially dangerous element

I noticed a lot of comments that the SAR levels on mobilephones are insignificant to fry any brain matter. And you can compare it with the worst phones to feel good. We should also be concerned with just being exposed to this "radiofrequency electromagnetic fields", and on a prolonged period. Remember, our phones are with us almost 24/7. Our microwaves and TVs are at home when we are driving, working, shopping, etc.

I still think some caution is still required. Can we really trust the publications saying how safe it is? Even FDA says milk/dairy products are good for you when some external agencies think otherwise???

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Just saw this on the news:

Last year, results of a large study found no clear link between cellphones and cancer. But some advocacy groups contend the study raised serious concerns because it showed a hint of a possible connection between very heavy phone use and glioma, a rare but often deadly form of brain tumour. However, the numbers in that subgroup weren't sufficient to make the case.

http://techcentral.my/news/story.asp...19&sec=it_news

Maybe in future, handphones will be restricted/banned like they do for cigarattes???

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
worth doing some research into WHO guidelines for determining status as a carcinogen.......

see how many people need to get/die from cancer (with the excluson of all other risk factors) before they rate something as carcinogenic